We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Rate Guarantee at Hotels

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Rate Guarantee at Hotels

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. I booked 5 nights at Raddisson Resort Parkway for 4 people (Standard room, 2 doubles). Raddisson offer a best rate guarantee, if you find the same room for the same nights bookable online, they will match the new price plus give you 25% discount. I later found a cheaper price on another website and filed my claim to Raddisson.

This is where the trouble started, firstly they said they rejected my claim because the website said 'unavailable for requested dates' - I rechecked and they were available, so I printed off all the details and faxed it to them. The next email from them stated that they were rejecting my claim because it wasn't viewable and bookable online - I rechecked and it was - so I emailed and told Raddisson that. Their third rejection said that the room type was not the same as the other company could 'not guarantee two double beds' and they could - my theory is that the company knew I was booking the room for four people, the print out I got stated four people, therefore, they would have to accommodate four people, ie two double beds. Just wondered what anyone else thought, or if anyone else has had any luck with 'best rate guarantees'. Should I forget it or is that what they expect me to do - do they always make it so difficult!

Sorry for being so long-winded but they are making me angry!

Their head office is in Omaha, anyone know the time difference to UK?

Newtownabbey...
Level Contributor
249 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Rate Guarantee at Hotels

bump? anyone?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Rate Guarantee at Hotels

Keep at it, don't let them get away with it.

I had exactly the same problems with the Holiday Inn Internet Best Price Guarantee.

I carefully made sure that my lowest price fully complied with ALL of the terms and conditions of their price beat guarantee, Holiday Inn tried to wriggle out of beating it.

But after 7 or 8 phone calls and e-mails I finally got them to beat the lowest price I could find.

I paid $462 dollars for 7 nights instead of the normal price of $918 dollars, so it was worth the effort.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Rate Guarantee at Hotels

Have you been dealing with the hotel directly? Usually, if you speak to the reservations manager of the hotel, you can do a lot better than if you deal with the corporate office. Just a thought. If they're really giving you a hard time, you may want to look to book a different hotel. There are literally hundreds of hotels in the area, why go somewhere that's already getting you upset? (And, I'd let them know they'll be losing your business... but make sure you're speaking to the General Manager or Reservations Manager.)

Trinidad
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Rate Guarantee at Hotels

You can also threaten to contact the Orlando Business Bureau and report them for false advertising. I’m not sure id the Radisson falls under Orlando or Kissimmee. I any case its like reporting to consumer affairs. Trust me they don’t want that.

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Rate Guarantee at Hotels

Personaly I would just cancel and find another hotel. If thats the way they do bussiness then I wouldn't want to stay there, unless you would loose money then I would keep on at them. Got to be careful cos if you upset them you could find yourself in the worst rooms and receive bad service (happened to me in Amsterdam once).