We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eat at AK or somewhere else?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
282 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Eat at AK or somewhere else?

I was looking and they don't have a lot of options. I was thinking Tusker House but my hubby is a picky eater so I don't know if that would work. Anything outside the park that is in close distance to AK?

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eat at AK or somewhere else?

There's a Rainforest Cafe just at the entrance to the park, before you go through the turnstiles but after parking.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eat at AK or somewhere else?

The Rainforest Cafe there in my opinion is better than the one at Downtown Disney, and I have always had a good meal there. The problem is that it is not on the dining plan as far as I know, and I thought you were looking for places on the dining plan.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eat at AK or somewhere else?

Yak and Yeti in AK is in fact very good. Have you checked the menu?

Boston...
Level Contributor
814 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eat at AK or somewhere else?

Would suggest coming around 2:45-3:00PM and eat at Pizzafari food is $6-9

If you're lucky enough to get a outside table, the 3:45pm Animal Kingdom parade passes right by the restaurant and the outdoor seating.

http://www.dadsguidetowdw.com/pizzafari.html

I might also suggest the Tusker House morning character breakfast buffet style character breakfast. You get in an hour early, and then can quickly run up to Kilimanjaro Safari and get a fast pass then head over to Everest and ride it at least 2 if not 3 X before the lines fill up.

:-)

Enjoy

Boston...
Level Contributor
814 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eat at AK or somewhere else?

I might also suggest the Boma Animal Kingdom lodge for breakfast or dinner

its around $40 but worth it.

This is a popular restaurant so you might want to make your reservations at least a month in advance. You can make disney dining , character , and event meal reservations on their website.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eat at AK or somewhere else?

My daughter is also a picky eater and didn't really enjoy Tusker House, they seemed to rush us with the characters and the food was just ok, but we did enjoy Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eat at AK or somewhere else?

If your husband will eat barbecue the Flame Tree has great counter service barbecue overlooking the lake. We had an enyoyable lunch watching the Everest ride across the lake while we ate.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
457 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eat at AK or somewhere else?

I second Pizzafari. It's pretty good for what it is and there is plenty of seating and it's air conditioned.

9. Re: Eat at AK or somewhere else?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 17:16