We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESTA - time out

staffordshsire
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
ESTA - time out

Hi, am trying to apply for ONE esta on line and it keeps timing me out when come to pay!! I have to do for the whole family and can't get one! has anyone else had this problem?

Also, can you tell me if they are needed for children i.e. 5 and under?

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ESTA - time out

I can't offer any explanation for the "time out", other than possible high demand. I can definitely tell you that all passengers flying will require esta, even if it's a non-ticketed infant.

staffordshsire
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ESTA - time out

Thank you. That means I have got to do 6!!! good job I have booked a day leave from work tomorrow!!! ha ha.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ESTA - time out

Please be sure you are using the official ESTA site - see the sticky thread at the top of the first page of this forum.

staffordshsire
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ESTA - time out

Yes I was thanks. I understand the other sites charge more? so I used the link on this forum.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,965 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ESTA - time out

antything more than $14 USD pp and you are being ripped off.

Paris, France
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ESTA - time out

Same problem for me whilst trying to pay for my wife and daughter's ESTA applications (I don't need one lukily).

Did you manage in the end or did you pay some other way?

Thanks, Stefano.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ESTA - time out

I had this problem this evening trying to get ESTA's for my parents, the whole thing just seemed to hang, I eventually refreshed the page and it burst in to life, it then told me the approval was pending, but when I logged in an hour later it had been approved. The 2nd one went through no problem.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ESTA - time out

There is no other way to pay.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ESTA - time out

A very unstable& frustrating site , I had to apply for Esta's for the whole family (8 of us) 2hrs later and finally got there! The last couple despite the message not to press the back key , I did so and the approval went through after a couple of minutes !! but as mentioned best to stick with the TA approved link as you know your not getting ripped off.

10. Re: ESTA - time out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:39