We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Ticket Questions???

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Ticket Questions???

Hi-

I have searched through old posts and can't find a question to my questions. Hopefully I can explain myself well enough so you can help me.

We do not know how long we want to go to Disney, my husband thinks maybe 1 day and I was thinking maybe 2 or 3. But we are going to divide whatever time we spend there between the begining of our stay and the end (in between we will be exploring more natural aspects of Florida). So here are my questions:

1. If I buy a 3 day ticket I have 14 days to use the tickets from the first use before they expire, correct?

2. Can I buy the discounted multi day tickets at the gate or do I need to purchase them before we get there?

3. If I buy a one day ticket at the gate can I add a second or thrid day for the discounted rate or do I need to do that all at once? (in case we only buy 1 day and then my husband would like to go for 1 or 2 more days)

I hope you get what I am asking. Thanks for any help or advice!

PS We are going to Florida October 1 through October 8.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Ticket Questions???

1. That is correct.

2. If you're talking about the discount you get from purchasing at sites like www.undercovertourist.com, then you would not be able to get that at the gate. Disney doesn't even offer discounts for purchasing tickets early through them online.

3. If you want to add a 2nd or 3rd day to the ticket, you need to add it before the end of the day. But you can add more later that day. If it's later in the week and you come back and want to add to your ticket, then you're out of luck and will need to buy a new ticket.

Hope that helps! And if you're going in October (my favorite time of year at WDW!) be sure to check out Food & Wine Festival over at Epcot! mmmmmm

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Ticket Questions???

Another thought: if you can firm up how many days you want to go, ticket prices the past few years have gone up the first Sunday in August. If you can order in advance, you can hang onto the tickets until your trip. It might save you some $$

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Ticket Questions???

Hi

No I am talking about the multi day discounts you can get through Disney themselves. If I buy a one day ticket and at the end of the day we would like can I add an extra 3 days and get the discount for the 4 day ticket? AKA cheaper for each extra day we add?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,378 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Ticket Questions???

based on your explanation of what you meant by discount, i believe your answers are yes, yes, and yes

the ticket prices you are seeing online on the US Disney site are the same as at the gate. if you upgrade, you simply pay the difference. so again, if I understand you, yes, you will get the "discount" insofar as the "discount" with Disney simply means that the more days you buy the less the per day cost becomes. apart from the potential/likely price increase, you aren't hurting yourself by getting just the one day ticket then deciding later if you want to upgrade. by the way, to my knowledge, even a one day ticket can be upgraded any time within 14 days of use so you don't have to decide on that day...however it is probably best to verify that with Guest Services before you leave that day just to be sure of that.

(if you KNOW you'll do four days, undercover tourist would save you $7 per adult by doing in advance with them)

Edited: 15 March 2011, 16:44
5. Re: Disney Ticket Questions???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 11:18