We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando/Disney theme park recommendations - boys 13 and 10.

bflo
Level Contributor
140 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando/Disney theme park recommendations - boys 13 and 10.

Going to Disney in two weeks. NO PLANNING DONE. HELP!

Going there for three days. Need help choosing parks, exciting rides probably most important. We are staying off grounds.

THinking about Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Universal. Would consider water parks too.

Also recommendations for Restaurants on grounds. Would like one nice, quality meal. Thanks so much.

pa
Level Contributor
54,497 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando/Disney theme park recommendations - boys 13 and 10.

If you need things to be cost effective, I might recomend Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios and add the Waterparks Fun and More Option

For Dining at Disney, the options are many. Have a look at the Restaurants and pick one or two and then Book them ASAP ( you can book 180 days in advance and many people do :)

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Book on line at

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Be sure to make the reservations at the Park or Near By at a Resort that you plan to be at each day, that will help cut down on transportation time and you wil not Need to have the Park Hopper Option ( extra $54 if you did want to add that )

You can check the Park hours at

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

Whatever you do, please have a Swell Time :)

Edited: 15 March 2011, 00:13
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando/Disney theme park recommendations - boys 13 and 10.

If they like exciting rides, I think Islands of Adventure is one place that you should visit:

universalorlando.com/Amusement_Parks/Islands…

I don't think Epcot has enough exciting rides to keep your boys entertained:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/

Edited: 15 March 2011, 00:16
pa
Level Contributor
54,497 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando/Disney theme park recommendations - boys 13 and 10.

Just a note if you decide on Universal Parks, be sure to check the Height requirements for your 10 year old

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando/Disney theme park recommendations - boys 13 and 10.

Bump

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando/Disney theme park recommendations - boys 13 and 10.

Universal for sure, check heights like partpa says but most will be fine, i took my son for his first time and he got on msot stuff except the big coasters.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
758 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando/Disney theme park recommendations - boys 13 and 10.

I also vote for Universal - if you're trying to limit the number of parks, I would skip the Universal Studios, but definitely go to Islands of Adventure. This is where the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is, which may really be a hit with boys your ages. I was just there with my daughter, who just turned 10. There are two rides that require 54" (Dragon Challenge and The Incredible Hulk Coaster - both awesome, BTW). I'm guessing your boys are tall enough for everything. Islands of Adventure is also beautifully themed, and I loved exploring the different "Islands" of the park with their strikingly different themes.

7. Re: Orlando/Disney theme park recommendations - boys 13 and 10.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 14:16