We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Plan drinks

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Dining Plan drinks

Hi All, does the drink included with the Dining Plan need to be a soda, or can you get a "fancier" non-alcoholic drink, like a smoothie, or some of the specialty drinks that are offered?

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining Plan drinks

Generally speaking, YES, your beverage can be a smoothie, a shake, a "virgin" specialty drink, but NOT one of those drinks that have, for example, light-up ice cubes or light-up glasses.

There can be exceptions at individual restaurants, especially those that are not Disney-owned but instead are privately-owned and the space is leased from Disney.

It's best to ask first, but you can generally rely on the above guidelines.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining Plan drinks

Great, thanks! I was hoping this was the case. Some of those specialty drinks sound delish!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,754 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining Plan drinks

When I've eaten at the 50's Prime Time or the Sci Fi Drive-In restaurants, I've been able to get a milkshake for my "drink" portion of a dining plan meal.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining Plan drinks

I am so obsessed! I'm not going until NOVEMBER, but I'm already reading restaurant menus and deciding what I want!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,754 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining Plan drinks

Don't get too attached to those restaurant menus, as they can change drastically over the course of a year.

I'd recheck the menus again a couple of weeks before you leave just to make sure they still have the same items.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining Plan drinks

That's not obsessed Cocobam, that's just normal Disney planning :-)

Our trip is in Oct, and we've known for a while now which restaurants we plan on eating at. Our ADRs start booking in just under 2 weeks!

And I'll just echo what CleveRocks said. Most of the time, shakes, smoothies, etc are included (the shakes at Narcoossee's are to die for). But, if in doubt, just ask. The servers are really good about telling you that kind of thing.

Michigan
Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining Plan drinks

Also, if for some reason the drink you want is NOT included (or if you want an alcoholic beverage), you are still entitled to the non-alcoholic beverage that is included with your meal. We were ordering alcoholic drinks pretty regularly, and several times our server reminded us that we still got a soda or water if we wanted. It was really nice to have that extra bottle of water to take around the parks after the meal!

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining Plan drinks

We had Milkshakes in the sci-fi...they were lovely. DS3 thought the waitress had gone mad bringing him his ice-cream before dinner!!! lol

pa
Level Contributor
54,251 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining Plan drinks

We have also ordered Milkshakes at several locations

Don't forget to get obsessed over all the Snacks you can get with your Snack Credits

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2640292

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining Plan drinks

And speaking of snack credits; rice crispy Easter treats (eggs, bunnies, & flowers) are out at Disney and available as a "snack"! The Easter Bunny is all set, at our house!