We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just curious

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
457 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Just curious

We are going to Disney this July and it will be our third year in a row. We can not wait to go. Just curious how many of you go every year and does it ever get old?

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just curious

We went in 2007 as a once in a lifetime holiday...

Then Oct 2008 as last time ever honeymoon...

Had a 4 day mini break to Disneyland Paris in Oct 2009 for my anniversary

Then april 2010 back to Orlando as a definitely the last time with my sis bil and nephews, as both sis and bil were turning 40...

Now intending to go this Oct 2011 for hubby's 40th....

See the pattern emerging......

Don't dare say last time ever now... Cos for the next 30 years I intend to visit at every opportunity as finances allow...

Florida is highly addictive !!!... And I love it...... ;-)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
457 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just curious

LOL! It certainly is audrey. So what you are saying is that any occassion is a good reason to go?

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just curious

In general we go every other year , the odd time I have managed 2 years on the run ,

I have been going to Orlando since 1987 & find something different to do each time

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just curious

Yes Misty.. Any occasion at all ;-)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
457 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just curious

Do you all stay at the same place or do you try different hotels?

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just curious

2007 & 2008 QIP at pointe Orlando,

2010 1 wk comfort inn LBV. 1week villa Davenport.....then 9 days QII due to ash cloud.

Looking at a condo or villa this year as it was fab last time and so spacious compared to the hotel room... But also considering Disney properties... All depends on how expensive the flights are.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just curious

First vsit in 1993 with our children. This will be our 14th visit and taking our grandchildren. Stiil get excited when we are arriving in orlando. We have often looked at going somewhere else but nothing can match it. I still have questions on this forum as each visit is different. The only thing that may stop us in the future is the rising costs. we are finding it a bit of struggle this year with having to pay for 4 flights.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,506 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just curious

Hi Misty

First time Disneyland (and universal, seaworld san diego, sight seeing) 1978 with my best friend (our first time on a plane!). That's a fun trip.

Then Magic Kingdom (and seaworld) l980 honeymoon. There was only MK then.

Fast forward to 2002, finally got back to disneyworld and all it's glory (kids first time they were 12, 16 and 19).

2004 Universal (and seaworld).

2006 Disneyworld

2007 Universal (and typhoon lagoon.

2010 Disneyworld

Me and hubby going end of Nov-Dec this year for the Christmas decorations, which we've never seen!!!!

Always stay at portofino for us/ioa. Stayed at french quarter first time, beach club the other 2 times ( for a summer trip would always stay beach club). This time we're going to try Wilderness Lodge.

In between we go other places, there's so much to see in the country and the world!

(Going to atlantis in June - woohoo!!)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just curious

First went 1981 had a break til 1989 and been back at least once a year since:) No it doesn't get old, it's only us that's getting old!!!! ha ha ha!!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,506 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just curious

You got that right USL!!!!!!!!!