We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overwhelmed by vacation rentals

DFW
Level Contributor
130 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Overwhelmed by vacation rentals

Hey, everyone. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. We are taking the granddaughters (6 and 9) to Disneyworld in June (I know busy)! I just can't wrap my head around the price of staying on property when I can get a huge house with a pool for twice as less!? Any suggestions on towns/neighborhoods that are nice and close to Disneyworld? Are some highways worse for traffic? Is it that hard to drive home from lunch or if you need a break from WDW? Do I have to pay twice to park if I do do that? Can you bring food into the parks? THank you!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overwhelmed by vacation rentals

We usually stay in Kissimmee in a villa/condo that has a full kitchen separate bedrooms ect . . . for yes, much less than staying on site. You only have to pay for parking once/day. Yes, you can take food in to the parks. They will just inspect your bag when you enter. Traffic can get pretty busy, but doable if you wanted to go to the park, go back to your place, and then go back to the park later that day. As you have seen, there are a ton of options in the area to stay. Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,829 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overwhelmed by vacation rentals

How much time are you going to spend Not In The Parks ?

If Disney Is our Destination we stay at Disney Resorts, it really does make the Holiday less stressful, you know exactly what you are getting with Disney Resorts ( they are all clean, comfy and safe ) and where you will be staying. You have the use of the Whole Resort, not just the room. ( wonderful Pools, yummy food courts, fun arcades, beautiful grounds, 24 hour Guest Services ) Plus you get all the nice Perks, ( extra Magic hours, Dining Plans, free transport etc ) you don't even need a car ( we never drive, only use the Free Disney Transport to all the Parks as well as to and from the Airport ( MCO ) very nice, very easy ) It's very different being at your Disney Resort than being at the Parks, a nice break when you need it, you feel Miles away from the Parks and the Real World. No traffic, no Shopping Malls, no fast food chains, we quite enjoy that part

There are nice Room Discounts right now

wdwinfo.com/discounts/…save40

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Overwhelmed by vacation rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 09:25