We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

laraheritage
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

I am looking for any help, suggestions or advice on how to have a 20 min Vow renewal with about 30 people without going thru Disney. Their packages start at $4,500. We don't need any of the foo foo stuff that they include. In fact our brother in law is a minister and will be performing the short renewal and then that's it. We are looking for a spot that the group can either rent, or just be at for about 20 min at any of the Disney Parks or the Disney Hotels. We ARE planning on eating at one of the hotels later, so do you think they would allow us to maybe go on the beach (at Polynesian) as a group for 20 min and be done or no? ANY help or suggestions would be appreciated. Just looking to do this with our family around us and not have to spend so much money. Thanks in advance!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,345 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

not possible. you MUST go through Disney.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

I agree with 1031Orlando. I really don't think Disney will let anything happen on their property without having a hand in it.

I got married in Orlando in 2008, and wound up off-site due to the high cost of the Disney weddings. We just rented a place to stay for about a week and got married there. Then we honeymooned at Disney.

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

Have a look at the disboards, they have several forums just for Weddings, Honeymoons and Vow Renewals

www.disboards.com

I am sure you can do it for less than the price you mention

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

Why not look at the WDW Swan and Dolphin Hotels? You would be still on Disney property, but since the Swan & Dolphin are managed by Starwood there are different guidelines/requirements. The properties are beautiful and the restaurants are fantastic!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

i renewed my vows on the the beach in treasure island on the gulf coast just before sunset, beautiful,any info just ask

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

how would Disney know if you found a quite spot in the grounds at one of their Hotels ? By the time they notice and get someone to you I would think you could be done easily.

Keep it quite and all arrive seperatly ! :)

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,698 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

You cannot do this without going through Disney-and they would certainly notice no matter what kind of a spot you found,there are cameras and security everywhere. They won't allow you to have ceremonies on the beach at any of their hotels even if you are eating there. But there are many other lovely hotels you could have your renewal ceremony at-or rent one of the private dining rooms at a Disney restaurant(the Contemporary has a nice ones)-or there are parks and gardens in Orlando you can use. Or call Disney Dining and tell them you would like to have a celebration and see what they can suggest.I'd suggest the Palace or the Hyatt Grand Cypress which are close and have very nice grounds-but even hotel guests are not permitted to use hotel facilities to hold ceremonies without going through Disney. There are less expensive choices-lots less-we went to a wedding at the GF several years ago and it costs over $50,000(Victoria and Albert catered)

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

I second the suggestion of contacting the Swan and Dolphin. The Swan in particular has a nice fairly small outdoor area near the water, and surrounded by palm trees, that would be nice for something like this. I am sure you would have to book it in advance and pay a significant fee, though.

Edited: 24 March 2011, 16:00
laraheritage
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I actually contacted Swan/Dolphin and they were a HUGE help and their packages start at $1500. MUCH better than $4500 fee thru Disney. So thanks again for all your help!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vow Renewals withOUT going thru Disney @ Disney?

I thought that I had put this on here. Apparently not. If you're doing it this year, Disney has their 'Memories Collection' starting at $1991. More info here:

…go.com/weddings/…detail