We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida resident seasonal passes

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
442 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Florida resident seasonal passes

Has anyone done these florida resident seasonal passes?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,778 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

My wife picked ours up in Feburary ( I think they expire in May). They were like $100 for a four day pass, and we added park hopping for another twenty or thirty. Sorry for being vague, she bought them while I was checking in. We're going again in April and wanted to use them later in our trip but I think there was a black out period around Easter.

I'm not sure that's the pass you're speaking of.

Edited: 25 March 2011, 19:28
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

I have a 4 day FL resident MYW tic- no expiration (with 2 days left). But it is not the special offer year pass Rono was talking about.

I don't go too often as my house is over 2 hours away, so I get a non expiry.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
442 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

the passes i am referring to are year round but they have blackout dates for summer and major holidays. thats why they are seasonal. they are like 275 for adults. I think they are different than what you are reffering to. thanks for responding though

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
442 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

??

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

It works pretty well. It is 251 dollars ( which includes the tax) for renewal once you have it for the first year. The black out dates are the 2 weeks of Christmas and New Years ( but it really doesnt affect the holiday festivities since they start all the decorations and things usually in November), a couple of weeks in April- around Easter and 2 months in the summer ( ithe black out starts about the second week in June and goes to about the second week in August.) Honestly, that is the only time I tend to miss having it- maybe a day or 2 in the summer. Otherwise, I dont really feel any of the blackout dates really restrict when I want to go. You also do not get free parking, if you are driving. You do get the other benefits like some discounts in some restaurants and in some of the stores in Downtown Disney. You must have proof of Florida residency. Overall, it is a big savings off of the annual ticket and seems to work nicely.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

There are four types of annual passes available to residents of Florida. The first is good for all 365 days of the year for all parks at anytime and the cost is $379. This is essentially a park hopper ticket and also provides free parking and a 10% discount at gift shops and some restaurants.

The second pass is a season pass with blackout dates that include summer, spring break, all major holidays and any other time periods that have been statistically high in terms of crowds. This pass is $259, but is really only good during off season.

The third pass is a seasonal week-day pass that is good for Monday through Friday and also has the same blackout dates as the seasonal annual pass. The cost for this pass is $174.

Finally, there is the Epcot After 4:00pm pass. I think this pass is not seasonally restricted, but I am not sure. The cost of this pass is $144. You can go into Epcot after 4pm and enjoy attractions and restaurants until the park closes.

Occasionally Disney offers specials for Florida residents. I think a couple of months ago they offered a four day pass for $100, but I believe there were seasonal restrictions. They also have specials for on-property lodging, sometimes with attached meal plans.

Disney is good to Florida residents, but you really have to prove that you do live in Florida. Generally they will accept a Florida Drivers License, and I think they may accept several official pieces of mail mailed in your name to a Florida address, like phone bills, electricity bills etc.

Sea World also has a very generous annual pass for Florida residents. Their annual pass is about $80 for 365 days, no blackout restrictions, and I think that is about the same price as a single day admission.

If you watch you can occasionally find specials for Sea World. Before Christmas they had passes for anyone for about $50 per person with the option to return a second day within seven days. Coke has had some Sea World promotions that offered significant discounts on admission. Sea World also offers discounts to school teachers. You also get free parking and discounts in gift shops with an annual pass to Sea World.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,804 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

The one thing to be aware of when looking at the Season Pass vs. the regular Annual Pass is that the Season Pass does NOT include parking.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

They have/had a 5th option- the one I took.

A 1-4 day MYW pass bought at discount for FL residents via the Disney site, and you could add a hopper, waterparks and more, or non expiry option. I chose the 4 day non expiry. I do this because, 1 I come at some non peak times but have tended to come at/during the 2 week Easter period which is 'blacked out' on the others. And i live 2 hours 15-30 mis away.

If I lived closer the Epcot after 4pm and the FL resident waterpark pass would be on my list. This past year, I just had a BG annual pass as it is closer to me. I went 4 times in all and it was good value.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
442 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

thanks for the info guys

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Florida resident seasonal passes

We have the regular annual pass, which includes admission to any park at any time. It also includes parking and a 10% discount at Disney gift shops and a few Disney restaurants. An additional option gives free admission to the water parks and Disney Qwest.

We occasionally have purchased some Disney art, from an official Disney shop, and have saved as much as $300 with the discount.

The documentary proof does require either a FL driver's license or some form of official (bank/insurance statement, utility statement, mortgage, or governmental document) mail showing both the FL address you own (or rent) and name of each person for whom a pass is to be issued. For us, they accepted a checkbook with both of our names and FL address printed on the check, because our utility bill only had one name on it. They are fairly strict about this.

Having the pass changes the Disney experience. We can drive over just for the evening and go into a park or parks just to stroll, watch the people, and maybe have dinner. If the park isn't crowded, we might hop on a ride or two. If the rides have long queues, we don't feel cheated, we just do the ride on our next trip over. We are in Cocoa Beach, so it's only an hour drive.

It also makes it easy to join in when the grandkids are in town.

The other pass we use is Tables in Wonderland. Issued in conjunction with our annual pass, for $75 extra, we get a 20% discount on most nicer Disney restaurants, both in the parks and at the resorts. It also gives free valet parking at the resorts while having dinner. However, they do add an automatic 18% gratuity, which isn't a big deal, since I usually tip 20% anyway. We have been trying each resort restaurant over the last year. We met some friends in EPCOT and took them to Bistro de Paris upstairs in the French pavilion, and saved $80 just in that one visit.

The whole package costs us about $900 per year as a couple, but when we go, we feel like part owners of the parks, so it's well worth it. Our biggest problem is that we still have to spend considerable time out of town and up north, so we don't get to use it enough.

Edited: 28 March 2011, 19:42