We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Merseyside
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

Can anyone tell me if all Delta flights from Man to Atl have the seat back screens rather than the overhead. I know they are going through update of their fleet to put the screens and the on demand entertainment, but I can't find out for definite.

Our first time with Delta but could not resist cost saving versus VA.

Thanks in advance.

Livefor

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

Not all airlines have seat back screens. Some have them on some of their aircraft. Others are removing them along with entertainment on demand.

This is because of the high cost of running them and giving it to passengers for free. Public Entertainment licences & performing right fees, along with other taxes , passenger air duty and airport charges. are now an high cost to airlines. And there is very little money left to fly passengers 8,400 miles out of the £500 we passengers pay them.

This is one contributor to to Virgins much higher prices.

UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

Hi yes last time we went MAN to Atlanta on Delta last year there were individual TV screens.

Jan

Merseyside
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

Hi Jan, thanks so much for reply and to Doncaster for the additional info.

LiveFor

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

We fly with Delta Man-Atl at Easter, and I specifically asked our travel agent this question. He assured me that there were seat back TVs on all their flights at present. Also told me there is 32in seat pitch, and free prebookable seats, which I have done.

We normally fly with Virgin too, but didn't want to pay the high prices this Easter!

burton on trent
Level Contributor
241 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

Delta do tend to charge for films when in seat backs. about $6 per film. although i think for the trans atlantic bit of your trip they are free.(i'm hoping so) once on internal flights it is all charged for, movies games, series etc. there are very few that are free.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
361 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

go to Delta.com and put in your reservation number. Your itinerary will pop up and there is a place that sys "more details" - click on this and it will tell you if the screens are seat back or drop down - also tells about meals, internet etc.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
361 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

...also, you can check on which film will be showing - can't remember exactly where it is on the site, but explore and you should find it :)

Merseyside
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

Thanks so much, you have all been really helpful on this subject.

I will login to Delta site and check it out.

Kind regards

LiveFor

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

Just to throw a spanner in the works perhaps, but when I flew in September last (MAN - ATL), it was the old style screens from the ceilings. Now, they may have upgraded planes since then or use different ones, but I certainly don't expect seat back screens if I choose to fly Delta.

WEST YORKSHIRE
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delta seat back screens Manchester to Atlanta??

Hi,

Can you tell me whether or not you got the seat back entertainment on your Delta flight.

I have done my best to check the details for our flights in September, they are showing only the overhead screens on the flight details.

Thanks