We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OHIO
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

We are planning on taking our 3yr old and 10month old to Magic Kindgom for the day around Easter... several questions.

1. Any mid week day better to go, trying to avoid crazy crowds, I was thinking the Thursday after Easter this year.

2. Any tips on seeing the characters.... Toontown is closed, so want to make sure our daughter still gets to see Mickey/Minnie

3. 3yr old is a Tangled fanatic... I believe the characters are in Magic Kingdom, any tips on a great experience w/ them?

4. Generally, any good ideas for taking young kids?

Thanks!!!

OHIO
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

Oops, one more question... is it just easier to rent stollers than take your own... from what I can get from reading through other info, it seems taking your own is difficult at best.

Georgia
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

You're going to be there during a very busy time period. If Tangled is a must for your 3 year old then head to Fairy Tale garden at park opening and wait in line. Rapunzel and Flynn are very popular and the line gets long! We were there on a day when the park opened at 8 am and the first meeting was 9:15. We got there right when the park opened and were 3rd in line. By 9:15 the line was very long. (I think they only let 22 families in for each meeting.)

Mickey and Minnie are now in their new home at the Town Square Theater. You could easily grab fast passes right when you enter the park to meet them (Town Square Theater will be on the right after you pass under the train station). Head to Fairytale Garden and come back later to meet Mickey & Minnine.

Hope that helps some

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

See this thread about the new Mickey meet and greet in Town Square:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1954828-i20534-k4…

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

The first year I went my daughter was 3, and i brought a cheap walmart type stroller, by our second day at the park I rented on from the parks. We went to Disney 2 times since and I had another baby. Her first trip she was 18 months then our last trip she was 3 and we rented the stroller there again. Its 10 bucks a day, and IMO the best 10 bucks spent. they push so nice, theres a cover to keep the sun off, drink holders, and still comfy enough to nap in.

The lines are going to be long, and its mostly likely going to be hot, so make sure you have plenty of water and juice and little snacks to keep them happy while waiting. Have fun:)

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

Hmmm, How will you get the kids from the car, to the park. As long as that's not a problem. Rent a Disney stroller. They are big comfy and easy but won't hold up a ten month old like your home stroller. Strollers are a drag to drag around, but sometimes the kids are more comfortable in their own. We only have the one child and we've done it both ways. I liked having the stroller for Downtown Disney and shopping and such. So, think about it.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

Take your own stroller - whatever the 10 month old is used to. Disney stroller wouldn't be good for a baby that age. Wouldn't promise Tangled characters. They are there, but it is extremely popular with very long waits.

OHIO
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

Thanks. With toontown closed, what would you recommend at the Magic Kingdom for a 3 year old. Also planning on heading to seaworld. Any advice about getting around would be great.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

Unless your oldest is very timid all of Fantasyland should be fine. Snow White's Scary Adventure bothers some and Mickey's Philharmagic is kind of loud (but absolutely wonderful!) but the rest are very mild.

If your three year old does well with Fantasyland you could move onto Tomorrowland. Mine loved the Tomorrowland Speedway (you'll have to "drive" but your toddler can help steer) at that age. Buzz Lightyear is great fun and AstroOrbiter is kind of like Dumbo on steriods.

Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise in Adventureland are a bit more intense. Our youngest was afraid of Pirates at that age but our oldest would have loved it if we had gone when he was three.

It's a bit of a snooze for me but my kids enjoyed the Liberty Square Riverboat when they were very young.

In Frontierland my kids loved, loved, loved Tom Sawyer Island and the chance to run about freely for a bit. They also liked the Country Bears there although, again, this was only so-so for the adults in our party.

Edited: 05 April 2011, 17:57
New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

I think a double stroller goes for $31 a day in Disney/

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3yr old and Magic Kingdom?

Bring your own stroller, the entering and exiting park is a must with a stroller.

Lovemydoggy just did MK last week with great character interaction. I would read her trip reports for some tips. I was amazed at the quality time with the characters.

So many things to do at MK for little ones, pace yourself and be sure to take breaks. MK has the best snack option, a dole whip.