We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

April 9th - We reached the park just before 9am and headed straight for Expedition Everest, the amount of people entering the parks made me think it would be really busy, so I made sure we moved quickly, but to my great suprise it was a 10 min wait when we got their. I never visited this park before and could not believe it was so big, it was a hot day and knew we really should of rented a stroller for the four year old, we decided to do the Safari Ride which had a 20 min wait and then rent the stroller. All day the rides had very little wait, throught the day ( Kali Rapid and Everest were busier in the late afternoon) we managed to do Kali Rapids twice, Everest four times, Tough to be a bug (The four year old was very frightened by this and would not keep his 3D glasses on.) We did both trails the Maharajah trail is the best, bats were amazing and Gorilla's were intresting. Festival of the Lion King, Dinosaur ( I only did this once, I did not like this ride, I was terrified). We did not get a chance to see the Nemo Musical ( is it a good show ?) or flights of wonder. For lunch I wanted to try the Flame Tree Barbecue, but no one was in the mood for ribs so we went to Restaurantosaurus instead because the kids wanted burgers, I thought this was a nice place to eat. The kids got their meals in bucket pails with spades which they used on the beach at the resort, so that was really good. We did not go back to the resort this day to swim as we had dinner reservations at Boma at 6:15pm. Just before we left the park the kids wanted to visit the Boneyard play area, which was really nice. We left the park around 5:30pm and went to Boma, I really did not like this place, but glad we tried it. The salmon had bones in it, ribs were o.k, the coconut chicken stew was amazing I had two bowls of it. I would give it 5 out of 10. next time I would like to try Jilko. Before leaving Animal Lodge I would of liked to look at the animals at the resort but everyone was very tired. So back to the resort we went.

Question about the tough to be a bug ride - I had read that when exiting this ride if you go left instead of right you see some great animals, we missed this, what animals do you see ?.

Trip Report - Day 5 - Magic Kingdom ( finally !!) - will follow soon.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
872 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

Great reports zohra101

Good to know about the scary rides, and Boma. Look forward to your finale.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,866 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

Very informative reports, thanks.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

Nice trip report. I took my (then) 4 1/2 year-old son out of It's Tough to Be a Bug crying. I didn't like the Dinosaur ride either! Sorry, no help on your questions.

Randalstown, United...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

Love your TRs can nearly picture myself there (havent even been yet).

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

Great TR. Why is Dinosaur so scarey ? Restaurantosaurus sounds fun,will check that out. Look forward to reading MK tr. :)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

Dinosaur is so scary because a massive sized dinosaur ( and I mean massive ). Appears almost in your face near the end of the ride. I would not suggest to take small children on it. My 4 yr old was tall enough for this ride but something told me not to take him on it and I am glad he did. Many other dinosaurs pop out on this ride and with the loud roars it will definatley frighten young children.

I was really suprised at some of the rides that had low height restrictions, especially Tower of Terror at Hollywood studios.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

Thanks for that Dinosaur info, i will be prepared, don't think i'll tell the others though haha hee hee :))

8. Re: Trip Report - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 03:17