We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

Petersfield, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

We are considering going to Disney next Year in Last week of May and first week of june. Please could be anyone confirm when the schools break up specific to florida we are aware memorial day weekend will be busier than usual. But we are hoping for the days in-between will be quieter.

Many thanks

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

Every school district has their own school calendar. The crowd levels at the various attractions are not so much affected by Florida school calendars, of which there can be many, but are affected by what is the school calendar in various areas of the U. S. Florida people don't run to the parks the minute that school is out--they can go anytime during the year. Florida people tend to visit other state and countries--they live in "vacation-ville" year round!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Petersfield, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

Many thanks for the reply. As a local would you reckon end of may beginning June 2012 would be a wise time to go ?????

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

It will be hot, humid and fairly busy.

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

Hi, here is a link to best times to visit, or at least an indication to what it will be like :-

undercovertourist.com/planning/when-to-visit… You can research further here or online for a broader picture.

Our last visit 2008 was third week June and first week of July, it was busy with the school kids but we managed perfectly weel. Ours were young teenagers and the later evening opening times in the parks suited us. It was hot but so was our first trip and that was Easter 2002 and to be fair that is what we went for guaranteed sunshine.

I dont think the parks will be overly busy those weeks you want to go as the kids are still in school. ....... Happy planning :)

Stockton-on-Tees...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

We are planning a family holiday to Florida Oct 2012, possibly during the UK school holidays. Will it be busy around the theme parks then and is the weather good at that time of year. Also we are hoping to go to see the new Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom but I can't get a proper idea of when it will be opening, only late 2012. Does that mean Nov / Dec or will it be hopefully open in October??

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
60,634 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Belgium
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

Hi Memory5makers

I have this link : …k12.fl.us/documents/2011-2012SCHOOLCALENDAR…

I hope it will help. This is for county Osceola, It should be approximatively the same for tne neaby counties.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

We live in Missouri. Our school is out May 16 and we are booked for My 19-25. A lot of people wait until later in the summer to travel, but some like to go right away or before the heat gets really bad.

We've been this same week before and it's a good time to go as far as the summer is concerned. Several other schools are not out until early/mid June, so you can beat the rush this way.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

Debmark

October is a great time to visit. The weather is good, not too busy, and they have special events at both Disney and Universal for. Halloween.

I think the need MK land is due to open in stages. We are in Florida now though so I will ask for you. Send me a mail to w_oates@yahoo.com and I will let you know.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Manchester
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

We are normally in Florida then and the kids usually break up there from the beginning of june. It will be a bit busier the second week of your holiday but still not bad xmas and easter are the busiest. It is normally very hot when we go so get training in your local sauna !

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Florida school holidays for 2012 ???

Orange County (Orlando) public schools run through June 7 this year.

I can't speak for all "Florida people" but most of our land-based vacations are in Florida. We have cruised extensively and have traveled to several other states, but I happen to love my state - and we're native Floridians. While I'm more likely to head to Key West instead of the theme parks, chances are very good we'll do most of our vacationing within Florida this year.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL