We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vista cay

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
4 posts
Save Topic
vista cay

I don't drive and I've booked vista cay in orlando for next year.Read a lot of good reviews about the place but most say you really need a car as it is too far to walk to the iride.What I want to ask is this; is this too far in the way that some people who use their car to travel 200 yards would call too far or is it really too far say for people who do walk most places.I know it will be really hot so that kind of bothers me. S o is it a good walk or impossible? Also how much for taxis to inter5national drive from vista cay? Thanks.

kent
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vista cay

we stayed there 2 years ago and it is too far to walk and not a walk I would want to do late at night it was between ten and fifteen dollars for a taxi to point which is nearest point of international drive so not to bad

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vista cay

There is a bus stop right outside vista cay that will take you to i-drive.

Vista Cay is fab, I'll be there for our second year on Thursday wahoo!!

It is walkable if you are prepared to walk for about 20-25 mins in the heat. Like Bruces-girl said I would not like to walk it at night just because it is a pretty quiet route. If you can send SCAN60 a message he can tell you in detail about the buses and the routes they take from Vista Cay, he is quite the expert ;)

You have chosen an excellent place to stay, I hope you will love it as much as me and my family do :)

glasgow
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vista cay

thanks.it just kind of looked the best choice.Most other places were two double beds and think my sons might strangle each other if they had to share a room never mind a bed.not going till next year so maybe by then transport might be better

dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vista cay

What about floridays,suites with separate bedrooms,buses and i ride stop outside.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: vista cay

It's a great place to stay but will be difficult without a car.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vista cay

Bus routes at Vista Cay:

LYNX bus 58 operates right out the front on Universal Blvd. It is a short shuttle service across to IDrive via Pointe Orlando, terminating at Destination Parkway. You can transfer on IDrive to other routes as described here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland…

But note: 58 runs a 30 minute frequency for three separate periods in the day; morning, mid-late afternoon, and late evening (I.e. with two much longer gaps in between) so DO make use of the schedule. golynx.com/assets/userfiles/routemaps/58.pdf

HOWEVER, depending on exactly where you are staying within the resort (it is quite expansive) this may be of relevance:

It takes only 10 minutes to walk from the "back gate" (in the south corner of the resort) to the Destination Parkway bus interchange which is (most usefully) served by LYNX 111 which runs every 30 minutes all day every day to/from the Airport and Florida Mall in one direction, and Disney in the other. It takes another maybe 3 or 4 minutes to walk to IDrive and the very frequent local bus services there. I can't speak for how long it will take you to get from your room to the back gate, nor if and/or when it's open for use by guests.

And, if you are up for the exercise, it takes 30 minutes to walk from the central gate on Universal Blvd (by Walgreens) to Pointe Orlando and the selection of restaurants, etc., there.

If you don't mind this level of walking, then a car isn't a real necessity.

glasgow
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: vista cay

thanks everybody

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vista cay

Can I ask who you will book your condo' with? I have decided on Vista Cay for August next year and can save a fortune by booking flights etc myself however if anyone on here has booked a condo privately and can recommend them please pm me with contact details. I need to book two 2 or 3 bedroom condos. Thanks

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vista cay

Eternal tourist - we booked Vista Cay via destination america.co.uk last year - you can choose your condo for not much more than allocated on arrival. Ideal location and loved the space!

Lou73

glasgow
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: vista cay

I've gone with Thomas Cook so just hoping for the best.