We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

burton on trent
Level Contributor
241 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

well we are just back from a fabulous 2 weeks and we used all our vouchers. we had 5 X 50 dollar vouches and saved loads of money. we were staying at summer bay and orange lakes dined at gordinos (great italian good value) original outback (really good quality) NOT PART OF THE OUTBACK CHAIN! giraffe cafe average nice food, House of blues in downtown disney. smashing food but get there early it gets busy!!! the only one i wouldn't re visit was fatboys BBQ on 192 in KISSIMEE. we arrived at 7.30 and they closed at 8pm. our food was rushed, cold and uninspiring. although it was very cheap. we had to order a full roast chicken and side of ribs to go to make up to our 100 dollars we had to spend. Essence of the vine was lovely too. great wines and cheese and meat sharing plates. Dead opposite orange lakes. very friendly owner. would like restaurant .com in uk please LOL

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
928 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

Hi forgotmetooth

Thats great that you managed to use them .

Question we have voucher for house of blues for sept

Can you have wine etc to make up the $100 and do they add the tip before ????? that way we can work out what we need to spend on food lol lol .

Also can you only use 1 each month for each restaurant ?????

Thanks

burton on trent
Level Contributor
241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

Yes it is 1 voucher per restaurant per month and yes you can buy alcohol to make up the voucher spend (at house of blues). Be aware (and don't make same mistake as me) if you buy a voucher for $50 you have to spend $100 . (house of blues let us order sweets to go to top up our spend.) the sales tax is then added to the total and then the tip ontop of that. also be aware that house of blues gets busy so arrive early and get booked in , they give you a pager in exchange for a plastic card (hotel key card will do) and they buzz you when table is ready. also you can't use voucher for sunday brunch.

hope that helps. where are you staying because we used 5 vouchers?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
928 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

Hi thanks for that info

We will be staying in music for 10 days then off to quality inn on I Drive for 11 .

Also have kids eat free card as it can now be used in rainforest cafe and Grandson will love that lol

So to re-cap food / drink/ service chage and tax needs to come to over

$100 ??????? did think they might add service and tax after the discount ??

Edited: 04 May 2011, 20:21
manchester
Level Contributor
278 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

Please explain what this restaurant.com is?

Going in June 2 adults/2 children would it be useful?

thanks

scotland
Level Contributor
982 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

Okay ,help me out ..still a little confused.Do youneed to spend the set amout i.e $100 dollars then tip,tax is aded or can the bill come to $100 after tax and tip?Thanks

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
928 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

Its a web site that you can get vouchers for different restaurants at knock down prices .

I got $50 for for house of blues ( you have to spend $100 ) and a $25 one for pizza place ( have to spend $35 ) .

For 2 adults and 2 kids you would def spend the amounts therefore save money .

Take a look ........its sooooooo worth it .

Also depending on age of you kids .............kids eat free card ????

Hope this helps .

scotland
Level Contributor
982 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

I have seen the website and looks great,but still unsure if $100 Dollars is total including tax and tip or must you spend $100 before tax and gratuity ?

Wales
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

It's definitely before the tip, I'm sure there isn't tax on food, hopefully someone can clarify.

scotland
Level Contributor
982 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

You are right ,no tax prior to tip.Just called them .Thanks

manchester
Level Contributor
278 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurant.com is brilliant idea!

So you have to spend double the cost of the voucher?

Given we have never been before how would we know which vouchers to buy - can we buy a generic one?