We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busiest Day(s) of the Week

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Busiest Day(s) of the Week

I was just wondering if some days are more busy at the parks than others?

If so, which are busier and which are less.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

So every day of the week is super busy? :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,090 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

There is never really a quiet time at Disney. On any given day there will be 50,000 - 75,000 people in each Park

There are lots of sites that will predict the busy days, mostly based on history and special events and extra magic hours and holidays and so on

We go to Disney alot, never find a big advantage to one day over another. We plan our days based on the events that are going on and the Park hours. We quite enjoy the Evening extra magic hours and take advantage of as many of those as we can

With a basic plan and some ADRs in place, we manage to have tons of fun, no matter the day, no matter the Park

Recommend site for some basic Best Days advice www.touringplans.com

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

As partypa said, there's never really any one given day that is busier or less busy. Certain times of the year are busier than others (Christmas/New Year being the busiest, followed by Easter), but you don't really get the same variation day to day within the same week.

However, there are some people that say that Sundays tend to be the least busy because most people are either ending or beginning a vacation, and thus not going to parks. Also, these same people say that Mondays are busiest for Magic Kingdom, since all of the people starting vacations on Sunday want to hit MK first, since it's the most 'Disney' of all four parks.

I'm not sure I believe those people or not, but there it is.

The link partypa gave is great, take a look at it, but know that if you want everything the site has to offer, there's a subscription fee. I wouldn't pay the fee, but some people swear by what Touring Plans has to offer.

Finally, if you're staying at a Disney Resort, take advantage of EMH parks. If not, stay away from EMH parks since they tend to be busier.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

I don't believe MK is busiest on Monday, as we always go there then and it has never been bad. We also tend to go to Epcot on Saturdays and Hollywood Studios on Sundays, and that has worked out well too.

Please follow the advice given in Zife's last paragraph if you are staying off-site. Even if you stay at WDW, don't go to the morning EMH park unless you get there when it opens.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

If you're going in the summer, I find the weekdays and weekends the same. We just went to whatever park everyone felt like on whatever day.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

Information from the Disney website:

During regular attendance periods the Theme Parks tend to be the busiest on the following days:

Magic Kingdom® Park: Monday, Thursday, and Saturday

Epcot®: Tuesday and Friday

Disney's Hollywood Studios™: Sunday and Wednesday

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

Thanks Cocobam!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

If you go during the F&W festival, avoid Epcot on a weekend as a lot of locals visit then making it very busy.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

We will be at Disney 5 days in July, right now our plan is

AK Sunday - Character Breakfast & Park

MK Monday - We will go early morning and then evening

I also looked online to see if they have the EMH these days and neither do, so don't you think that will actually help w/ the crowd levels since people will probably be taking advantage of those extra hours elsewhere?

pa
Level Contributor
54,090 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Busiest Day(s) of the Week

The bottom line is ( and I am not attempting to scare you ) July is the Busiest overall Month of the Year because all of the US Schools are on Summer Holidays, that's just the way it is. More people will be in a Park without any EMH because more people stay off site or come as a Day Visitor, then there are people staying on site at a Disney Resort. If a Park has EMH on a Saturday, more People will wait to go on a Sunday so a Park having no EMH is more likely to be Busier than a Park that does have EMH ( hope that is somewhat clear ) Crowd levels in July can and will most likey be an 8 - 9

It will be busy while you are there. The Best you can do is plan your days, make some ADRs, understand and use the Free Fast Pass System and know prior to arrival that no one can do and see it all in one trip

I think what you have planned is fine