We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Monarch

Has anybody travelled to Florida with Monarch recently, we are due to travel in June and i have read slightly worrying reviews about there service, although these stretch back several years, i wondered/ hoped thier service has improved!

Many thanks

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch

I'm sorry to say I don't think they have. My friend is senior cabin crew with Monarch and even she says they're terrible. They are one of the worst for delays:(

London
Level Contributor
111 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch

Oh No!!

We are due to fly with them on Sat will give our feedback on my return.

its the first time for us also with Monarch and we are flying with a 9month old baby.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch

We've only flown with them once, back in 1992, which i know was a long time ago, but the experience was so damaging, that, unless prices were at least 65-70% cheaper than their nearest rival ( Dan Air ), then i'd be disinclined ever to use them again. However, this is only my opinion, and is a very old one. They may well just be crap nowadays.

They have the one of the worst seat pitches in the business, at an average of 29"

Hopefully, there will be some positive reviews posted on here of recent travelers. No Airline is all bad all of the time. Monarch do have some really good offers on flights, but the fact that they only fly to sfb, have the smallest trans-atlantic seat pitch, and one of the stingiest Luggage allowances, hardly any decent I.F.E, always puts me off using them.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch

flew last year with them, absolutely fine, no probs nice crew, relax and have a good time...

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch

It's only a small part of your holiday so even if they are a bit poo you will be fine :-)

Just relax and don't worry too much, we have flown with them twice (2004 & 2007)

Once was very good and the other was delayed, but i am sure it will be fine

manchester
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch

We used them last year in the premium cabin,having used Virgin the year before I would choose Monarch over Virgin any time,

The crew were fine and came round lots to see if you wanted anything,we were on time, seat back entertainment and all in all a very good service,So dont worry and have a great holiday.

manchester
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch

We used them last year in the premium cabin,having used Virgin the year before I would choose Monarch over Virgin any time,

The crew were fine and came round lots to see if you wanted anything,we were on time, seat back entertainment and all in all a very good service,So dont worry and have a great holiday.

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch

We flew Premium Cabin with them both times we went and the cabin and staff were lovely.

It was just the delays the 2nd time we went and the air conditioning wasn't working. Wouldn't have been a problem if we were at Manchester, but we were at Sanford and it was bloody roasting lol

You will be fine and you will have a great holiday

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch

what was ecconomy like?

UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch

we have used them for the last 2 years and are flying again with them this October, never had any problems.