We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Dinner In Florida???

merseyside
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Dinner In Florida???

Im going to be in florida on xmas day with family and were woundering if you will be able to have traditional turkey roast dinner in a resturante xmas day? and if so which one as i wont be arriving until 22nd dec so need to book in advance if ther is one? what do the locals do xmas day? thanks x

Edited: 22 May 2011, 10:23
manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

bump

pa
Level Contributor
54,323 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

Would think the locals have Turkey dinner at grandma's house :)

We have had some very yummy Holiday Meals at several Disney Resort Restaurants ( Artist Point @ The Wilderness lodge being a favourite ) Many have Special Christmas Menus. http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm but you will need to book a reservation for any Disney Restaurant 180 days in advance, for Christmas Day that will be June 28th

Other Orlando Area Hotels and Restaurants should also have some nice Christmas Meals, check out www.opentable.com

merseyside
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

thank you very much,,il look into the info you have given me and il be sure to book on the date you gave me thanks :-) xx

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,027 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

Many restaurants are closed on Christmas Day. the best places we hae found for holiday meals are the buffets are the Gaylord palsm and Peabdoy-both nice and people actually dress up.

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

Would you be wanting to make your own? Walmart and grocery stores like Publix should have fresh and frozen turkeys and all the trimmings that you may want to purchase for your own Christmas dinner, however, if you are staying in a villa, you may want to purchase a foil roaster pan for your turkey. I wouldn't think that a villa would normally be equipped with larger roaster pans.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

Publix will be having pre-cooked turkeys (or hams) with mashed potatoes, gravy, and a vegetable that are prepared in advance. All you would have to do is heat up. Then you could add whatever else you want to make your dinner to fit your "traditional." Just has to be ordered in advance.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,005 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

Some restaurants are closed on Christmas day, but in a major resort area like Orlando, more are open than many other areas.

We like dinner at the Wilderness Lodge for an old style Western US Christmas feel or the Grand Floridian for an old Victorian Christmas feel.

merseyside
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

thanks everyone!,,really unsure what we will do,my mum doesnt want to cook on xmas day as its our hols and its her year off hehe,,but at the same time its gona be strange having somethink totally different!,,but its going to be strange waking up in orland xmas day so would be odd i suppose to go and have turkey!!..i think it will have to be a go with the flow day im sure we will be in a park all day anyway!! x x

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

The Gaylord Palms & the Peabody Hotels have xmas buffets, they get very good reviews. We always eat at the Wilderness Lodge on Disney property. Again 180 days out with reservations. I don't know about the GP or PH. but I am sure you do need reservations.

10. Re: Christmas Dinner In Florida???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 06:17