We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

Is the line for the ride any shorter during morning EMH than it would be during a regular morning? Is the Fast Pass machine operational during morning EMH?

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

I took a look at some Disney related boards and it seems that the Fastpass (FP) machines are open and in use at most of the FP attractions during the morning EMH, however, the FP return times are for AFTER park opening hours (as in, you can get a FP during the EMH hours but the FP window is for 9:05 am or later if the park opens at 9 am to regular guests.)

Sorry, can't speak to the Toy Story question directly but I think I've read that statistically, only 25% of Disney onsite guests use their EMH MORNING hours (as opposed to the popular evening hours) so you'll stand a good chance of getting a shorter wait time - even if you arrive at opening time on regular admission days, you can get into TSM in as little as half hour (but I do stress being at the park gates at OPENING TIME - even 5 minutes later can make the difference between a 1/2 hour wait time and an hour!)

Edited: 23 May 2011, 03:30
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,272 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

I can vouch for what Irises says, we stay on property and have never been to early morning hours. We're lucky we got everybody to the regular rope drop lol

While my group went on TOT and rockin rr I went over and got fp for toy story. Return time was around 11:00, so worked out well for us. (And I didn't run, just walked briskley :)

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

As far as I know the Fastpass machines will be turned on at 9 but this might be changed...

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,872 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

i have no personal experience, but it makes sense that the stand by line would be shorter since there will be less people in the park during EMH than during a regular morning. to my knowledge, fastpasses aren't available until after regular park opening. that is a benefit to everyone not just resort guests

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,075 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

I just experienced TSM at DHS during morning EMH this past week.

We arrived at the park around 8:15, went directly to Toy Story, and Fast Pass return times were already at 11:50 AM, but the machines were turned on when the park opened at 8:00 AM. Stand-by que line wait time at 8:20 AM was already 60 minutes, as the que moves very slowly.

Each Toy Story vehicle can seat only 4 people, and with the length of the ride (including all the stopping at each game station) its a very slow moving line, even if the actual "length" of the line doesn't look that long.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

Thanks for all of the information! I suspected the lines would still be long. Even though there are fewer people in the park during EMH, there are only a handful of rides open, so all the people are at the same few rides!

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

Thanks KAT!

Really didn´t know and didn´t expect the fast pass maschines to be turned on before 9am...

Good that you checked! :-))

8. Re: How crowded is Toy Story Midway Mania during morning EMH?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 05:18