We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
880 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

Aloha,

If anyone is interested SW opened up there schedule till 1/6/12

pa
Level Contributor
54,383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

Just got the email and played a bit with some dates, nice low fares :)

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
880 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

Hi partypa,

I am going to a wait a bit, I am looking from Orlando to San Antonio one way on the non stop and it is the highest I have seen so far. Sprinkle some pixie dust for us and a good WDW discount too would be nice, have a great day.

Aloha Lihue Girl

pa
Level Contributor
54,383 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

Pixie Dust on it's way :)

texas
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

I do not think SW goes down as it gets closer. It goes up as the fares that are reduced are gone. Have you thought about flying to Austin? It may be cheaper.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
880 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

Aloha ndw1964,

We do not go till 12/8 I will be dilligent in looking and if I see them go up more I will bite the bullet and buy, I have been seeing them as low as $99.00 now they are $144.00. We are not renting a car just taking a taxi to the riverwalk and back , so Austin is out. Thanks for the tip though.

Have a great day Aloha

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,878 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

Hiya Lihuegirl~~~~~thanks for the info. I do fly SW every now and then.

They fly out of the airport that is very close to my home. Now that they're part of the Magical Express system,I may use them next year.

I'm gonna have a look around. ;=))

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,986 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

I have to say I was a bit worried about flying southwest but it was just fine. We only flew them on our way home. Our resort POR checked in one of our rooms fine no problem and that room had a decent boarding number since Disney does it in the middle of the night. Our second room Disney had a issue that they thought our checkout date was two days later so I checked us in when we brought our bags. Our numbers were alot further back. I asked when we arrived at the airport about us being able to sit together. They said passengers are allowed to save seats. This helped us since we had 9 in our party and 4 of us were at the end of the boarding line. Customer service was very good all around even on a very bumpy flight, when the flight attendants had to seatbelt in a good portion of the flight.

I always watch fares and saw the prices jump up and down a bit even on Southwest.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
880 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

I have never flown SW before we will be using them after WDW we fly into Orlando on Delta, SW is the only airline in the universe that has a non stop from Orlando to San Antonio I hope they are ok, I noticed you cannot get assigned seats but bags are free.

pa
Level Contributor
54,383 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

We use SW alot, love the free bags. Check in right at the 24 hour mark and you'll get first boarding :)

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
880 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Southwest Airlines booking till January 6. 2012

Partypa can you call and check in are do you need internet?