We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf stores in Orlando

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golf stores in Orlando

Any suggestions on a decent golf store in Orlando?

Portarlington...
Level Contributor
526 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

There is one on I Drive about 1/2 mile south of Sandlake Rd.

http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

there is one just past Wet and Wild on ID, think it's called Golf Liquidator. Guys are great in there and they have a indoor range thing so you can try before you buy. They tend to stock mainly last years models but at a much lower price. Bought loads of stuff from them. My Mizuno irons were about $600, Edwin Watts were $900 for the same (£900 at home!) so was well chuffed, shame I'm still rubbish !!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

Thanks ads will have alook at them too. Have not updated the clubs for a long time so might look at it this trip with oz dollar so good. Not that it will change my game any!!

So what is the sales tax rate to add onto prices in Orlando?

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

sorry don't know, think its about 7%, always get confused as different states have different amounts !

If you get a good set I bet you will be better. Just changing my irons helped me drop from 24 handicap to 16 within 6 months. I could probably get down to 10 if I played more and learnt to putt !

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
403 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

we spent some time looking in golf shops,and according to my husband he found Dicks sports the best by far. it was located in posner park just off the I4 on highway 27.

wrexham
Level Contributor
103 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

The best one i found last year was EDWIN WATTS,they have a few stores i believe in the area but there is one on i-drive south of the sand lake crossroads and its on your left as you go down about 1/2 mile,the one i went to was on Turkey lake road i think its called but you go under the I.4 from I-Drive on sand lake and you take the first right turn by the gas station and the big store is on your right hand side clearly sign posted,sorry if the directions are a bit poor but thats all i can remember.I had a brand new full set of Callaway clubs,bag,shoes,flight bag for the clubs all for half the price i would have paid back home.If your flying with Virgin theres no extra charge for golf clubs either.I didnt take any out with me but played with the new set out there on Disneys Magnolia course and it was brilliant and had no trouble bringing them back.

Nigel

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

I hope you paid the vat when you came back :)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,319 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

Dicks Sporting Goods at Posner Park (Hwy27) is really good they're so helpful nothing is too much trouble, all the latest clubs etc and a good clothing range (as my OH credit card proves from our visit in April).

Oops sorry jodibobs just seen your post!!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

Thanks guys. Any idea if Edwin Watts or Dicks stock kids golf clubs and an idea of price? Looking to get my 7yo son a set so he can join me on the course.

Portarlington...
Level Contributor
526 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf stores in Orlando

hindo,

I included the link to Edwin Watts above.

The answer to kids clubs can be found there.