We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

I know I am planning ahead, but we will be visiting Disneyworld in January for 1 week. We wanted to take a day, maybe Thursday, January 12 to go to Islands of Adventure. We are only going to see Harry Potter. Since we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, we won't be able to get into Islands of Adventure 1 hour prior to opening, like when you stay at certain hotels near Universal. How long will the line be to get into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

Will it be worth our while?

pa
Level Contributor
54,315 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

I wouldn't worry too much about crowds in January. You will have plenty of time to explore and enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry Potter if you get to the Park at regular opening time. It is just an Area of Islands of Adventure, not a whole Park unto itself :)

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

I got back from orlando yesterday. We did Harry Potter section of Islands three times and were staying off site with no early entry.

No issues with queing whatsoever. 14 times on Flight of the Hippogriff (litterally on the next train each time no waiting) 5 times on Forbidden Journey (5 minutes queue at most).

The longest queue we had was for Olivanders Wand Shop, but that was only 15 minutes.

Had read hundreds of horror stories about queuing at Harry Potter before we went, but we found this not to be the case.

Ideal time was to go into the Harry potter section in the eveing (from 5ish or if you can wait, go in at 6 when parking is reduced to just $3). No ques at all. Some of the staff were telling us that section of the park is always really quiet in the evening, and we certainly found it to be the case.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

Thank you so much for the info. It doesn't sound like there will be a problem in January, especially since we are waiting 1 week after New Year's to go. By then, too, it won't be so novel, and we will be sure to get there before opening.

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

On Jan. 12th 2012, the line will be 1hr 5 mins. Give or take 10 mins.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
14 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

I've seen a few recommendations to do HP in the evening. Do you still pay full price to enter the park?

Va
Level Contributor
11,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

Let me get my wand out and I will see what the wait times will be.

London, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

Hey Sungod. Nice answer. Could you arrange for 5 minute queues in HP world at all attractionson 18th July all day please. There's 50 Galleons in it for you if you can make it happen please.

8. Re: Lines at Wizarding World of Harry Potter January 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 07:15