We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
250 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

This story caught my eye today, especially since I'm headed to Orlando at the end of August:

orlandosentinel.com/business/…1548844.story

The gas stations are:

Suncoast Energys

Sun Gas

Oldham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

if you convert uk prices its around $9.60a gallon

Edited: 04 June 2011, 22:29
2. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 14:35
New York
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

When we rent through Alamo, we pay for a full tank up front (at time of rental)-the price per gallon is the going price, and you can return the car at any level of fuel. We have found that to be great, no looking for gas on the way to the airport. Maybe a day or two before we leave, we'll put $10 in the tank to get us to the airport, but we can return it at any level.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

Must be a slow news day in Orlando, so they dusted if this story.

If, instead of going south from 528 to the airport, you go north about a mile, there are multiple gas station with "normal" prices.

5. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 14:35
Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

Ut oh... ;+/

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

No matter where I travel in the world with a rental car I NEVER pre-pay the rental company for fuel or fill up within 5 miles of the airport. Both will result in you getting ripped off!

In Orlando you're never more than 5 mins from a fuel station, if you fill up on your way to the Airport the fuel gauge will still be on "F" when you get to the airport.

New York
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

Alamo at time of rental (when booking on line)-you see the price per gallon, and its' the "going" rate. Now if you bring the car back not full and did not sign up for that option, that's where they get you!! A few years ago we rented through Dollar, and back then I think paid close to $6 a gallon. We usually have a very early flight, so we find it convenient.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

We are the same as radiology, we always pre pay for a tank of petrol and take it back heading towards empty :)

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
605 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Be careful filling your cars near the Airport

Every month I travel to Orlando for work and rent a car. I NEVER prepay for gas, because it's really not the going rate, they still mark it up and make a profit. I also NEVER fill up within the radius they tell you to fill up and they have NEVER asked me for a receipt to prove where I filled up. Personally, I take 417 to the airport, get off at OBT and fill up at one of the gas stations there. I've also filled up on John Young Parkway my gas gauge still reads full by the time I return the car. On Friday, I paid $3.61/gallon...my paperwork from the rental agency where I turned down the prepay fuel option was $3.96/gallon.

Edited: 05 June 2011, 14:02