We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic your way ticket question

New York
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Magic your way ticket question

We're not purchasing the park hopper option-but, if you go to a park in the morning, then want to go to a different park at night-are you allowed to do that? I know they would deduct another day off the ticket, but will they allow you to do that, or can you only do that if you have the hopper option?

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,304 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic your way ticket question

that's what a park hopper ticket is-it allows you to go to any or all 4 Disney parks in a day-if you don't have the option,you can't park hop.They do not deduct another day if you have a base ticket-you can't go to two parks in a day. One day of base ticket=one park per day

New York
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic your way ticket question

ok, that's what I thought! At undercover tourist it's only $7 to add another day, so I'll splurge!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic your way ticket question

Imthink you can but not count as one day, if you go to another park it will cost you 2 days of any amount you buy.I woudlnt see disney stopping you tbo.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic your way ticket question

If you don't have the hopper option you can only do one park per day. You must have the hopper to go to one park in the morning and another in the evening regardless of how many days your ticket is for.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,344 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic your way ticket question

Yes you can only go to one park a day (without park hopper) the turnstiles are computer operated it will not allow you in it will know you already entered another park, you also need to do a fingerprint scan so the turnstile knows it you using your ticket and only you

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic your way ticket question

durham,

It absolutely, definitely can't be done. They will not deduct a second day off your ticket. In Disney-thought, such a thing would be inconceivable. A base ticket is a "one park per day" ticket. You cannot use a one park per day ticket to go to two parks in one day. Here's the way a Disney ticketing cast member told me he explains it to guests ... You used your ticket at Magic Kingdom on Monday, so you can't use that same ticket at a different park on Monday. Now, if you can somehow convince the turnstile that today isn't Monday, THEN you can use that ticket to go into that second park.

If you go to Magic Kingdom in the morning and then try to enter Epcot later that same day, you will put your ticket into the Epcot turnstile but the turnstile will not unlock. The alphanumeric display (which has one line for text) will say "ACCESS DENIED." A greeter cast member will come over to you. On the greeter's side, there is a 2-line alphanumeric display. One line will read "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED" and the second line will give information about the entitlements on the ticket. In other words, that CM will know exactly why you are being denied entry. That CM will tell you you have two choices: go to the ticket window and buy the Park Hopper option if you want to enter that second park today; or go back to the first park you were already in today (or go do anything else other than trying to get into this second park without the Park Hopper option).

[I'm going on old prices here, I don't yet have the new ones with today's price increase] Disney charges $54 for the park hopper option (a flat fee added to the price of any size ticket). But adding a 4th day to a 3-day ticket costs only $8, and adding a 5th through 10th day costs only $5 each day ... Disney wouldn't have made additional days only $5 each if guests could simply pay 5 bucks to park hop rather than pay $54 to do it. It's sort of like at a diner, where one scrambled egg costs $3 and two scrambled eggs costs $3.75 ... they don't let you buy only that second egg for 75 cents without paying for the first egg. :-)

Many people think there is a loophole here, but there simply is not. Disney thinks of everything! :-)

Edited: 12 June 2011, 15:29
New York
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic your way ticket question

thanks everyone! Just checking-most of the time we're too tired to go to more than 1 park a day! We'll just make sure if we have dining reservations at a park, we'll stick to that park in the morning-thanks again for all the info!

8. Re: Magic your way ticket question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 00:18