We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Virgin Hotel.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
200 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
New Virgin Hotel.

We have the 2012 Virgin Florida brochure and have seen the new Virgin hotel , the NV advertised. It says its located around I-Drive and it appears to be a renovated hotel. On the map in the brochure it looks to be near wet and wild, enclave suites and the ramada lakeside. It does'nt open until May 2012. Just wondered if anyone had any idea which hotel this was previously.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
21 Reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
155 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

I seen that in their brochure too.. Looks nice! But ive no idea what hotel this previously was.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,370 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

100:1 this is (was) Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham on Canada Avenue.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

That's a good location because it's behind I-Drive (and therefore much quieter) but very close to lots of restaurants and amenities. We've stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites on Canada Ave twice and would happily go back.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
200 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

Looks good in the brochure and meets all our requirements. If anyone stays here lets hope they write a review.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

I don't wish to sound too cynical but they all sound good in the brochures. I have never yet seem a brochure which says the hotel is rubbish.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

According to Virgin this hotel is 'exclusive' to their customers in the UK, however it is in the Thomas Cook brochure for 2012 and on their website, still as Hawthorne Suites

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

Is it going to have a curry house & chippy in it???

calgary
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

We will be staying at the Hawthorn in August for 10 days so I will advise what is going on.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
347 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

I must be honest but the worse thing for me would be a hotel full of other Brits. I enjoy the opportunity to speak to people from all over the world not just from my own back yard. I can just see the full english breakfasts, kiss me quick hats and Sky Sports on the telly. Thanks but no thanks.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Virgin Hotel.

I agree with Fluffysparkle - as much as the hotel sounds nice & new, I would rather stay where people all around the world stay & not just Brits :)