We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What park would you pick and why?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What park would you pick and why?

If you had to pick one Disney park and one Universal Park, what would it be and why?

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What park would you pick and why?

Magic Kingdom, it's just so Disney, thats where all the Magic Starts

Islands of Adventure, big coasters and Wizarding World of Harry Potter :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
587 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What park would you pick and why?

Magic kingdom

Because it is in my opinion the best Disney park to suit any age there is something there to suit everyone if you were in a group

I love the shops in main st and

I just think you get so much out of this park more so than the others but I love the other disney parks too there brilliant

The universal one is a tough one to choose coz they both have good rides but I have to go with universal studios

The reason being I love the Simpsons ride I think it's one of the best ride in Orlando definitely in my top 5

Plus I just love walking around universal studios and think the setting and building fronts are brilliant

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What park would you pick and why?

hello,

i can't live with out going to magic kingdom as that is were all the magic that is disney lives.i cry every time i walk down main street as it takes me back to the opening day when i was 7 years old and 1st set eyes on the park that feeling has never left me..i truely love disney!!

ok as for the other theam park i would choose islands of adventure for the spider man ride and the new harry potter world also jerssic park is realy neet when we took our grandoughter there she got to named a new born rapter.

hope this helps and have a great holiday!!

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What park would you pick and why?

Totally have to agree with Magic Kingdom. It is Disney. I love the other parks too, but hands down the Magic Kingdom puts a smile on my face each time.

Michigan
Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What park would you pick and why?

I have always loved Epcot! It's so big that even when it's crowded, you can find a quiet place to sit. I love the educational component of the rides & attractions, and I love love love the countries! The shopping, the food, and oh those adult beverages!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What park would you pick and why?

Magic Kingdom as others have said Disney at it's best :)

But I do love EPCOT too :)

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What park would you pick and why?

IOA, except for Simpsons and E.T, the other side has very few rides we are interested in. Magic Kingdom is a great park if you have little kids, but it's Epcot for me. Also, there are no "adult beverages" in the Magic Kingdom! What's magic about that? It will be funny if when they open Gaston's in the new Fantasyland expansion they don't sertve liquor since I think in the movie it showed them drinking beer.

Sorrento, FL
Level Contributor
238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What park would you pick and why?

IOA for sure.

For kids,or adults with a big kid streak, MK is the way to go. But a lot of adults do prefer Epcot as it is a more relaxing day.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
10,968 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What park would you pick and why?

Oh goodness me..it's gotta be the Magic Kingdom!

It truly is magical,when you stand on Main St and view the Castle for the first time.It takes your breath away!! I just love the way you can go from the future,in tomorrowland,then the past in Heritage Square..then off to be a cowgirl in Frontierland!

After tht,you can be a pirate in Adventureland,and become a child again in Fantasyland. I wouldn't miss the Dumbo ride or Carousel for the world!!

(I'm getting emotional here people!!) ;+))

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What park would you pick and why?

I love them all but if I had to chose it would be Epcot for me. It's always been my favourite (even though my absolute favourite ride is at the Disney Studios; Tower of Terror). I love all the countries at Epcot and the last time we went we did all the Kim Possible things with our 9 year old; they're genius.

US I think I prefer the original studios; I love the theming. However, the Harry Potter bit wasn't open when we were there last so once I see that I might change my mind.