We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peoria, Arizona
3 posts
Save Topic
Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

I have pets/dogs and was looking at relocating to Florida (possibly Melbourne area). Are there any poisonous toads or other threats I should be concerned about for my pets safety? I meant "Any" poisonous toads not Amy poisonous toads.. sorry

Edited: 18 June 2011, 21:20
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

Are they big or small dogs?.. With small dogs you might want to keep and eye out for gators and snakes (not sure if there are snakes or not). I don't know about toads though

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,076 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

Poisonous Toads - travel related topic????

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

susie, she's planning on traveling to florida and the question is about a concern for when she gets there... So yes, it is a travel related topic!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,860 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

The answer is NO!

Peoria, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

Thanks for all your feedback. It's appreciated.

Peoria, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

PORT ST. LUCIE — Toxic toads are abundant on the Treasure Coast this time of year, and a chance encounter with a pet can turn deadly, animal experts say.

This was the case for Port St. Lucie residents(name withheld), who lost their 3-year-old English bulldog to a poisonous toad Tuesday. (only headline reprinted due to copyright. see link below)

tcpalm.com/news/…

I had a run in last year in Arizona with many Arizona bull frogs who like to visit my pond. I had to take my dog to the emergency vet. I've read up on Florida toads and yes they do have toads or cane frogs.. actually 22 species of frogs. I only post this since Vic sid "No" that there were no dangerous frogs in Florida. I am traveling there with my animals for possible relocation, so I apologize if this was off the normal topic on this site.

See post above if you'd like to see why I have such grave concern. Thanks.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

There you go then with a little bit of research you've answered your own question!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

Think gators will be the biggest concern. Nothing to freak out about, but just don't let your dog run loose near the water of any fresh water lake or pond.

Although it may happen, I never hear anything about poisonous toads, but every so often will hear about pet owners not doing the smart/responsible thing, and losing their pets to gators.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

And no this is not a travel realted topic--relocating means moving to the area!!!!!!!!!!

Need to worry more about snakes and gators than poisonous toads! Gators, especially!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amy Poisonous Toads in Florida?

I once came across a poisonous toad near Old Town in Kissimmee. I think she was from London.