We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Hi Guys,

I am travelling to Disney in September, just myself and my daughter who will be 21yrs old.

She has just finished university and as part of her graduation gift I was considering booking this tour for her,

We have been coming to Disney since she was 8yrs old and she is a complete Disney Freak !.

She reads books on the history of Disney and is always informing us of interesting facts she finds out.

Has anyone ever done this tour and is it worth the money?

Any advise gratefully received x x x

Caroline x

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keys to the Kingdom Tour

We did this tour a few years ago and it is so worth the money. They take you behind the scenes on loads of things, we got to go to the utilidors and see the laundry, costume storage and where the characters get ready. They also took us to where all the floats are prepared for the parades. It was really interesting and if you and your daughter are interested in little known Disney facts well worth the money:)

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keys to the Kingdom Tour

I went on this tour about 10 years ago and really loved it. If your daughter is a real Disney lover, she will appreciate all the fun bits of information you will get. When we went on it, it was a small tour of about 8 people. He took us down Main Street and explained about perspectives and things that the imagineers used and how every name on the windows of the town are of real imagineers.

Our favorite part was when we got to go underneath the utilidor system- underground. Walt did not want the illusion to ever be ruined, so he didn't want anyone to see someone with a Tomorrowland costume found in Frontierland, for example, so they had to travel underneath the Magic Kingdom- not on-ground level to get from one place to another. Our tour guide explained that once a cast member was on-ground level, it was like they were on stage and they must be happy and courteous to all of the guests, but when they went into the tunnel system, they could be themselves. When we went under there, we saw girls getting their make-up and wigs on for the show that would be performed by the castle. It was exciting.

We also got to go behind the scenes where the parade floats were held.

There was a break for lunch because the tour was all day. For us, it was worth the money. We loved hearing all of the behind the scenes information.

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Thanks guys, I think I will go for it, she has worked so hard at her studies and deserves a real treat on this trip.

She would love to work in Disney so I know she will enjoy it, although she may bore us all with the interesting facts she has learnt for weeks to come !

4. Re: Keys to the Kingdom Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 09:20