We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town question.

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town question.

Hi all,

can anyone tell me if the bike night is still held at Old Town on a Thursday evening. I'm aware of the car cruise nights, but can't seem to find any info on the bike nights. Thanks.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town question.

Think so but dont know if its every week or weather we were just lucky.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town question.

The Thursday night Bike Night at Old Town was discontinued in January 2011.

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town question.

Thanks XR, we arrive on a Thursday and I was thinking of taking a quick drive over there as we are only around a ten min drive away. Hopefully it's still on.

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town question.

sac2008, just seen your post after I posted. One word sums it up......Gutted :( Thanks for the info though.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town question.

No, the new owners of Old Town did away with Thursday night Bike Night =:(

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Town question.

I didn't even realise that Old Town had new owners. Do you know if anything else has changed there?

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Town question.

I've haven't been there since November (which happened to be Bike Night). It is very different from Disney to say the least. We stayed at the nearby Comfort Suites Maingate East and walked over to Old Town. It is not something that I would make a special trip for. It's tacky, a bit run down, and not somewhere I would take young kids. The adjacent Fun Spot mini-amusement park is much nicer and more suitable for kids. We enjoyed watching the Sky Coaster from our room.

The new owners have also changed the "rules" for the Friday and Saturday night car shows/cruises =:(

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Town question.

We were there last Oct , so its obvious discontinued since then

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Town question.

"Changed the rules"? How do you mean? I always thought they were the main reason people went!

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Town question.

sac2008, thanks again for the info. I've been to Old Town numerous times, but went mainly to see the bikes and cars. May give it a miss this year :(