We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go to Orlando Beginning of March

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Topic
Go to Orlando Beginning of March

Hello everyone,

We would like to take our kids to Orlando the 1st week of March. Is this a good period?

Is the weather usually warm enough to go to the beach? is Disney world too crowded due to March break?

Thanks a lot

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

Weather is unpredictable! It was FREEZING a couple days ago, now it will be in the high 70's low 80's for the next week. I'd be willing to bet it will be warm.

Disney is almost always crowded. My cousin is bringing her kids next week for "winter break" and spring break will soon follow. I'll ask them how busy it is for them the last week of February.

The weather should be pretty nice so I'd say don't worry too much about the crowds and come on down!!!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

Hello perfectrip,

The first two weeks aren't too bad as far as crowd levels are concerned. The third week of March through the 3rd week of April however is a different story.

There are no guarantees in Florida for perfect weather however the average high temperature are in the mid 70's with night time temperature's in the mid 50's so you will need to pack light jackets and long pants. Not great beach weather. But you can usually utilize the pools as they are well heated.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

kpcloud9,

I would appreciate if you could ask your cousin next week about the crowd. Not that we could do anything about it since we are already booked for departure on Feb.28. But at least, we could be prepared.

Too bad it's not warm enough to go to the beach. We had never visited a beach in Orlando.

Thanks in advance

NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

KPCLOUD( please do post on how the weather was alast week of feb as well as the crowds...Id appreciate it too!!! thanks!!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

Not a problem. My family will be at the parks WEdnesday & Thursday of next week. I would assume already that crowds on the weekday will be better than the weekend! I will be sure to let you know their observations...

NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

thank you!!!!! :)

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

can't wait to hear from you kpcloud9.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

My report for Busch Gardens yesterday, February 18th.

We went to Busch Gardens yesterday and were blessed with georgeous sunny 80 degree weather with a breeze. To make things even better the crowd was light!!!

The wait in most lines was 15 - 20 minutes! I swear we waited in the longest line to eat lunch at the Smokehouse! Great food by the way!

The new coaster Sheikra that drops you at a 90 degree angle straight down was unbelievable! we sat in the front row and only waited in line for about 30 minutes!I had to buy the picture because I laughed at the terrified look on my face (and the kid next to me) so hard it brought tears to my eyes! I just might have to post it...

There was a 60 minute wait in line for the Rhino Rally later in the evening. Cute ride, but an hour is a long time for that.

It was a perfect day...

I'll let you know how the long the lines are when my cousin goes to Disney next Wednesday with her kids!

NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

kp cloud yes pleaso on the disney lines...thank you!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Go to Orlando Beginning of March

CROWD REPORT!

Just got off of the phone with my cousin who has been at the parks for the past 3 days...report is that lines are short!!! Yeah! She said most lines are 15 - 20 minutes.

I hope that gives you a slight idea of what you can expect! Looks like you picked a good time....