It looks like we will now be ok getting to Orlando with Virgin earliest they can strike from today is the 30th June, we fly on the 29th June. But our problems are not over, we could be hit on the way home, we come home on the 15th July. The law stipulates that any strike must begin within four weeks of the ballot result, that is, by 19 July. So if a deal is not made we could be hit.
We got stranded in the ash cloud (Bangkok) and spend ages trying to find good hotel to stay while we waited for a flight. So some early research, could anyone recommend any hotels (cheap) for a family of 4 toward the airport side. Better safe than sorry. We are staying in a Villa and have to depart on the 15th.