We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney needs an overhaul!!

ri
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Disney needs an overhaul!!

we just got back from florida. went to hollywood studios. i can't understand what is so darn magical about this place. an $82/day price tag, for broken and shut down rides, sub par restrooms and attractions that need a series overhaul. i was so disappointed in the whole day. i've spend my last dime on that place. i'm sure to a kid its a wonderland but for adults to me its so lame. the other parks are a little better but as for this one, i was not impressed at all. definatley not worth the money, imo. i'd rather spend it at universal studios.

manchester
Level Contributor
389 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

What rides were shut? Its our favourite park!

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

Did you make an official complaint at guest relations? I'm sure they would appreciate the feedback, and maybe even make up for it in some way!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

I wasn't real impressed with Hollywood Studios either. I was there this past November and it just doesn't seem "up to par" with the other Disney parks. I did, however, enjoy the Toy Story Mania ride as well as the Walt Disney One Man's Dream exhibit. The best part was the Osbourne Christmas light display which was awesome! Overall the park seems stuck in the early 1990's and seems almost like an afterthought. I think that next time I would go to Universal instead.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

I love Hs maybe you was just unlucky, everything was running when we was there 27/5 -10/6.

Star Tours has been redone which is super. Rock n Roll Coaster, Tower of Terror , Toy Story Mania and we loved the Star Wars Weekends. Maybe you was expecting it to have changed too much. Everyone loves Indiana Jones Surely? Oh well everyone's got their own opinion.

ri
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

the rockin rollercoaster was closed...... the backlots tour where they would normally have people from the crowd play out a scene didn't do that. same old indiana jones show, same old muppet show. my god, i saw that about 5 years ago! the bathrooms were gross. and complaining wouldn't have helped me any.....we were leaving the following day. we just left and went back to the pool!! there wasn't anything they could do besides give us our money back and i doubt that would have happed. and universalfan, if i were you, i'd stick to universal!

manchester
Level Contributor
389 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

Haha.. we do both!

ri
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

bunny, that is just too much money to take a chance that the rides will all be running! i saw the chistmas lights too back in december and no, i wasn't expecting too much change....but at least the attraction to all be up and running.... is that asking too much for $82/person!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

I love Disney but i have to agree this is the worst park, but what i don't agree with is the generalisation as the rest of the parks are a high standard. Some of the rides are awesome at Hollywood studios such as Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster but considering they don't film anymore its rather disappointing as it's not like Universal studios which is actually a working studio even though what they film is limited such as Family feud, Ellen show(Yearly show), TNA and Florida lottery and Fox sports. Therefore it really lacks in all areas.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

I think you are dead right, and its been like that for a few years now .

Disney parks are Overpriced , over Hyped, and well past their sell by date.

Some bits are very good but not worth the $82 a day fee. Cannot comment on their accomadation , haven't been in there for many years, And i thought it was over priced then when it was good. Disney is only a dollar printing factory for share holders.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney needs an overhaul!!

Our last trip to Animal Kingdom in 2010. Everest and Dinosaur were both down for over an hour. We went to guest services to complain and were each given a guestpass good for 3 Fast Pass rides at any park, on any day, for any rides and they validated the Fast Pass we already had, so we could use it at another time or day. As you were leavingthe next day, the validation may not have been useful, but the guestpass might have been.