We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Man Group or Cirque

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
718 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Man Group or Cirque

We are trying to decide on a show for our upcoming trip. Its just myself and my husband (mid 30's).

What are your recommendations and how do the two compare. By the way, we have done other Cirque shows in the past ..just not the one that they are offering in Orlando.

Thanks

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

this question gets asked frequently enough that you may want to use the search box above. i'd say cirque usually gets the nod for being better. if you've seen a show before you know the quality you can expect, but I vote Blue Man for the sake of trying something different. it is also very good but in a different way. Dinner at Emerils, hitting some bars, sounds like a fun night

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

Personally, if I could only do one, I would do Cirque again, having already done both. Not to say that one is 'better' than the other, I just enjoy Cirque more.

However, if you want something different, as 1031 mentioned, maybe you should try Blu Man Group.

But I would try a search as well, I know I've answered this question (and possibly in more detail) a few times before.

dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

Have never done blue man group,have done cirque la nouba twice,and really enjoyed it each time, june 2009 and june 2010.

Have done other cirque shows and prefer la nouba

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
948 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

I think it's really hard to compare the two as they are completely different shows... For an enjoyable comedic experience that's a bit more relaxed I'd say Blue Man Group but Cirque is so beautiful and just amazing show

If you've never been a Blue Man show I'd choose that

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
718 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

I know..so hard. Sounds like I won't be disappointed either way. We have never seen a Blue Man show, but as many of you can relate Cirque is always so impressive.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,956 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

Impossible to compare the two shows but if you don't like VERY loud music then BMG isn't for you.

Have seen BMG twice in Vegas and also 3 Cirque shows in Vegas but not in Orlando both are brilliant but very different.

You may as well toss a coin LOL

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

Cirque's La Nouba - It's a beautiful Franco Dragone show. There's talk of it ending its long run in the next couple of years.

I suggest Cirque.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

Where'd you hear about La Nouba ending it's run? I looked around a few sites, but could only find info about their usual dark dates...

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

see it while you can

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Man Group or Cirque

That didn't even come close to answering my question. Are you just putting out rumours to try to get the OP to see La Nouba instead of BMG, or did you actually read somewhere that La Nouba might be ending?