We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday Night Baggage Claim

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dartmouth...
2 posts
Save Topic
Saturday Night Baggage Claim

My fiancee and I are trying to make it to WDW for the fireworks display at 10 the night we are married. We land at MCO around 8:30. We know its going to be close, but the one time frame that we cant anticipate is the baggage claim time. Does anyone have an idea of what to expect for the time from deplaning to picking up bags?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

It's kind of like how long is a piece of string? They could be there waiting for you when you get to baggage claim or you could wait an hour, who knows? But to get to the MK by 10pm to see the fireworks is highly unlikely. How are you getting there, where are you going to put your luggage?

Dartmouth...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

We are using Hertz Gold Pick up, hoping our flight leaves on time and lands a little early as it has been doing for several weeks, then driving straight to WDW, getting on the monorail and heading to Main St. We have a backup plan that we hope not to need though...

If the flight leaves on time and lands 10 mins or so early we figured we'd be in good shape if the ride took us 30 mins to WDW. Baggage claim is the only variable, which we knew would be hard to get an idea on, especially for a Saturday night. Your post offers some hope however.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

I would of thought it was more to do with geting through immigration.. depending on how many flights land closely together... sorry but it's taken us an age like 2 hours + before to get through..... maybe now they have esta up and running things may of improved???

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

It will also take plenty of time to get from the parking lot at the Magic Kingdom to Main Street. I don't think you are going to make it. I don't even think you will make it to one of the resorts by then if you have to go through immigration.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

That is so tight that it isn't likely you'll make it by 10, depending on several variables.

Assuming that you plane makes it to the gate by 8:30, you will be further delayed depending on what row you sit in and how crowded the plane is. Once off the plane, you walk to the monorail for the trip to the terminal, and downstairs to baggage claim. As USlover says, there is no way to accurately predict how long it will be until your luggage arrives, but I would say the very best you can expect is to have your luggage by 8:55 or 9.

If you are renting a car, you may have to stand in line. Or, you could preregister to use a kiosk or use something like Hertz Gold to speed up getting out of the airport. Most rental cars are in the garage down one floor and just across the drive from baggage claim, so that part is convenient. If you are waiting for a shuttle, that could easily take 30 minutes, or even more at that time. If you are being picked up at the airport, you could gain valuable time.

Driving from the south exit via 417 to WDW will take 20-30 minutes, especially to somewhere around the MK. From there, it will depend on where you want to watch from. It is very unlikely that you would be able to park and get into a park, so I assume you would watch from a parking lot or hotel.

If everything goes well and you land early, you are near the front of the plane, your baggage appears quickly, you are picked up or get you car quickly, and you aren't planning on going into a park, you have a fair chance of making it, but there's a lot that could go wrong.

Anyway, congratulations, and good luck on your important day!

Edited: 28 June 2011, 18:02
Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

Since you're coming from Massachusetts or thereabouts, there's an excellent chance that the bags will arrive at the pick-up area very shortly after you do.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,758 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

here's an arrivals guide if you haven't seen it www.orlandoairports.net/arrive/index.htm

you need to allow 25-40 minutes for the drive and 20-30 minutes for paying/parking/tram/ttc/monorail/security/gate/main street. if you call that an hour that's leaves only 30 minutes to get off the plane, bathrooms, take the above ground train to the main terminal, go downstairs and in most cases for us wait for luggage, then rental car. don't want to be a downer, but i'm not very optimistic. sometimes I feel like it takes 30 minutes just to get off the plane!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

Whoops silly me - I saw dartmouth and thought UK !!!

Congratulations - hope you have a fabulous day......

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

UnsureNow the Op if from Dartford Massachusetts in the USA so no need for immigration, unless Mass has left the USA! lol

cjgref sorry if I spet Mass incorrectly !!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Saturday Night Baggage Claim

Sorry to be yet another naysayer, but I don't think it can happen. Is there any chance that you could be bumped up to an earlier flight? Or is the wedding ending too late for that?