We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat - recommendations please

Swindon, England
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat - recommendations please

We will shortly be off to Florida (from Britain) for the third time and want to try some different low-cost places to eat. On our last trip we fell in love with Cracker Barrel. What about Taco Bell (we don't have them over here)? Any other suggestions?

England, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

Look at mannys chophouse & applebees :)

Wouldnt recommend from personal experiences but some enjoy ponderosa and sizzler as you can often find coupons and are inexpensive, offer buffet style.

Edited: 29 June 2011, 23:26
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

IHOP has really good breakfast food and kids eat free. Some prefer Dennys but I don't know if kids eat free there, or if you have kids :)

Have you looked for anything on restaurant.com? This promo "SUMMER" ends tomorrow. There are some decent things in there including several Giordano's locations. Once you put in your discount code at the end you get 80% of the "Your price" so if it says "$25 certificate for $10" you actually get it for $2. It can make an expensive restaurant very affordable.

http://www.restaurant.com/consumer-promotion/lp_7.asp?raid=5862&j=16026526&e=jennifer.liszka@gmail.com&l=2058534_HTML&u=185655230&mid=77657&jb=2953&prti=3801

If it asks for your address just type in the address of your hotel.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

Taco Bell is strictly fast food. I would hate for you to come all the way here and eat that when there are so many better places to eat.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

Taco Bell is the only food that has ever given me heartburn!

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,649 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

You might try Sweet Tomatoes. It's a buffet style restaurant, I've seen coupons for them in the Sunday paper. They aren't big on meat; they start with a fantastic salad bar then you move on to a selection of different soups, fruit, breads and pasta. They aslo have a good dessert selection. Drinks are extra. It's a good place to eat unless you really must have meat. They sometimes have some strips of meat you can buy, but it's extra..

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

Taco Bell is a cheap fast food restaurant and not worth your time. I agree, Sweet Tomatoes (franchise) is a $7-$10 buffet with excellent salad bar, soups, pasta, & desserts. Jason's Deli (franchise) is relatively inexpensive and has an excellent salad bar & sandwiches. Orlando has been taken over by franchises, national chains, and fast food restaurants.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

We love Chillies, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze and Cheesecake Factory. mmmmmmmmm roll only July. Have a great holiday

dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

O charleys turkey lake road,we had a restaurant.com for it last year,but even without i would go back,reasonably priced and lovely food,also nice surroundings

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,329 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

Carrabbas,Golden Corral,Bahama Breeze,Shulas SteakHouse,Earl of Sandwich,Narcoosees,Red Lobster,Kobe,Ghiradellis are all good and well priced.Taco Bell is...really really cheap. Not great food but you can fill up for $2.We also like Boston Market for fast food.

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to eat - recommendations please

Chick-fil-a if you want a fast food restaurant other than that i wouldn't bother unless you visit a food court at the mall i like Asian Tao and Maki of Japan i got to admit some people may hate these type of places but i am addicted to the food court. As for reasonable priced evening meals i suggest TGI fridays and Outback Steakhouse.