We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

hi, we are off to Florida on Wednesday!! think I am organised, but just got a question about a couple of the rides. I am a big wimp when it comes to rides, but would really like to do the Star Tours ride as I love Star Wars and the same for the Forbidden Journey?HP ride. I do suffer from motion sickness and not keen on heights, I have been on Soarin and loved that ride, but will I be ok on these ride?. I am considering take travel sickness tablets to help. Any comments would be appreciated,

Thanks

allie

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Soarin'
Soarin'
541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,789 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

Star Tours isn't too bad, you should be OK

Forbidden Journey may be a bit too much for you, lots of motion

( I base this on a family member that has motion sickness )

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
758 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

Yes, I agree. I've never been on Star Tours, but Forbidden Journey can make one a bit queasy. If you decide not to go on it, you can still do a castle walk-through, which was my favorite part of the ride. Just go to the ride entrance and ask the workers where to go.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

my 5yr old son suffers from motion sickness and suprising loved Soarin & Star tours, he also liked Mission to Mars at Epcot but that made me feel a bit queasy at first as you are enclosed but after the "launch" all was good but did the calmer of the rides on that one, hardened riders can choose the more active one. Can't comment on Harry Potter as have not done it.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,423 Reviews
Orlando, FL
hampshire
Level Contributor
228 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

I suffer from motion sickness and was very nearly sick whilst on the ride but managed to hold it untill I got off the ride. It is a really good ride so I am going to try some seasick tablets next time.

hampshire
Level Contributor
228 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

Sorry meant to say I am talking about the Harry Potter ride

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
169 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

I suffer from motion sickness on motion simulators. I got quite sick after riding Soarin. I did ride the Harry Potter ride and managed alright the first time. The second time I felt a little quesy. I've never tried Star Tours though. Don't bother trying the Simpsons ride. I tried it and immediately had to close my eyes for the entire ride so as to not get sick.

Mentioned in this post
Soarin'
Soarin'
541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

One easy solution: motion sickness medication!

I suffer from motion sickness too but may be not on the level that some of the people around seems to suffer.

I have worked on yachts for years and my solution was Bonine. This motion sickness medication doen't make you drowsy and you only have to take one per day in the morning. To be on the safe side I would just start to take it a few days prior to your visit.

Additional thing that you can do: drink ginger tea, not coffee or sodas, on the day of your visit, prior to running the problematic ride. Another possibiility is the acupuncture bracelets that you can find in many drigstores. It is an elastic band with a hard plastic bump that you put on a specific pressure point (all explained with the gizmo) , just wear it for a few hours before the ride and if you still start to feel queasy then you press on the little bump with your thimb from the other hand.

Even if Bonine was working fine for me most of times I still had a bit of problems on some yachts while at anchor so I did add the bracelet too, never ever liked the ginger tea!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

My husband suffers very badly from motion sickness- Bonine worked okay (ie: he wasn't sick but didn't want to ride agian!) for him on Star Tours (the older version) but not on Forbidden Journey. We had to go back to the hotel.

He is extremely susceptible though. He gets mildly ill just looking at the horizon at the beach.

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

thank you so much to you all for your comments and suggestions. Have decided to take the travel sick tablets and risk the rides, cos I really want to do them, will let you know how i get on when i get back in two weeks times!

allie

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Star Tours & Harry Potter ride

Buy specificalll Bonine, may be name Bonamine in other country, like mine Canada, for me it is the only one that doesn't make me drowsy and neither have a dry mouth. And try to find one of these gizmos bracelets. they really help and whne you start to be queasy just the extra prseeure will give you some relief. There are also more technical version where instead of the ploastic bump it is a very small electric shock that does the job.