We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

Hi, We're stopping at the Vistana Resort in October and wondered if anybody could recommend which block to request? We're stopping in a 2 bed. We've got a car for the 2 weeks but have family joining us for the second week who hope to use the bus service. Thanks for your tips

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

Bumping this...

We are travelling to the Sheraton Vistana Resort at the end of August and would love to hear answers to this question.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

Did you find out? We are going to the Vistana on Friday thx

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

The fountains has its own food court and pool area, it is a fairly long way (really have to drive) from the resort market and other activity areas, I think the cascades are closer to the hub of the actvity areas, because we don't spend much time at the resort when we are there we prefer the fountains because they are all refurbished, VERY nicely furnished, the food court has a pizza hut and an a&W, there is a work out room and a small poolside bar as well. The pool and hot tubs are very large and beautiful.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

The Lakes section is also very near the food court and a large pool with waterfall, as well as recreational activities and fitness center...should Fountains not be available. As Nola mentioned, Cascades is a bit more lively...near another large pool, bar, grill, store, gameroom, etc. Either area would be a good choice as the entire resort has undergone a renovation. According to newsletter all units were scheduled to be completed in 2011, so you should have no problem getting an updated villa.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

Will try and send you a link to resort map.

Edited: 14 March 2012, 03:33
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

Having trouble attaching link...see my Sheraton Vistana Resort post from January 24th. It has a link to resort map.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

Thx guys, do you remember which had the water slide and if its anygood for 11yr olds ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

I've been told there is a small enclosed tube slide at the smaller quiet pool in the Falls section. Can't confirm as I've not stayed in the Falls section. There is a 30 ft twisting slide at the Sheraton Vistana Villages (different resort) near the St. Augustine section.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

Should mention the super pools with the waterfalls that you swim through are pretty popular with the kids. They are near Fountains & Lakes section and Cascades section at Sheraton Vistana Resort.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort - which block is best?

I will be going to the sheraton in april and will be taking my 10 yr old along with my father, who cannot climb stairs. do any of the blocks have elevators near the activities for kids. I would rather not stay on the ground floor but will if necessary. any suggestions on what block to stay in?

thanks,