We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Truckee, Ca
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve

We will be in Orlando Dec 30-Jan 6. Any recommendations for the best park to be in on New Year's Eve? There's GOT to be some great stuff happening. We will be travelling with children (ages 10 to 17) so it has to be PG rated (grin). Also, anything happening New Years Day that we should not miss?

pa
Level Contributor
53,834 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve

Epcot is great for New Year's Eve, it will crowded but Epcot is so large it can handle it. Have fun, it's a very festive time to enjoy the Parks

Here is a bit of info about what went on last year at Disney Parks

www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/new-years-eve.htm

Edited: 04 July 2011, 18:39
jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,567 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve

partypa, last yr. when I called CG it was 500pp, I see it says 525pp so I'm sure that includes tax. I an sure it will go up a few dollars this yr. because in 09 it was 475pp. It really must be something if one can afford it. I had to pass lol. We went to Jeko and the AKL and it was very festive.

pa
Level Contributor
53,834 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve

CG lol

The fireworks and Dessert Party is more our speed for $40

$500 would pay for us to stay an extra week at Disney Resorts :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,122 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve

I agree that Epcot will be your best bet, while Magic Kingdom is probably the worst choice.

Epcot is so large in territory, it can "handle" spreading out the huge crowds better than any of the other parks. It even has the largest "walkways" between attractions.

You will still need to get to the park very early in the day and don't plan to leave and come back later, as you might not get back into the park; plan to stay all day/night until you are sure you are ready to leave for good. All the parks generally close their gates due to capacity nearly every day during the holiday week, but this will be especially true on NYE.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve

I looked at the link, saw the New Year info, but did not see anything that cost $500. Am I missing something?

pa
Level Contributor
53,834 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve

There are some Special NYE Dining/Party Events, most of us just dream about attending those ;)

There are no extra charges to go to the Parks on NYE, just need a Park Ticket to enter and enjoy

Truckee, Ca
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve

Thanks all - you have been really helpful. We had planned on visiting friends in the AM then going to a park in the afternoon .. Glad I asked here first - I would hate to miss the New Year thing by getting there too late :( I saw the prices for the dinners .. has anyone gone? They must be amazing (LOL or at least they'd better be!)

I saw there was a special illuminations show. Are there fireworks also?

pa
Level Contributor
53,834 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year's Eve

There are Fireworks as part of the Illuminations Show, quite Swell

We have done other Special Event Dinners but none on NYE, a tad pricey for sure. A nice "Normal" Meal and fun in the Parks has been enough for us :)

Truckee, Ca
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year's Eve

Partypa -

I tend to agree with you. I mean, daaang .. you are in WDW .. how much better can it get than that?

pa
Level Contributor
53,834 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year's Eve

Exactly :)