We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

Looking to book car..Havent gotten great rates so far so holdin off til week pryor..(which is one week away) gettin rates from 237.oo and UP to over 300 for a compact for 8 days. Please heklpw ith any info on GOOD or BAD places to book. thank you!

Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

I booked with dollar.com , for 6 days in march...minivan, for 2 adults and 4 children, and we reserved it at $158 + taxes and charges comes to $202. GREAT DEAL. and they are located right at MCO, so we will not have to lug the children around along with the luggage.

England
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

I always book with airlinenetwork.co.uk - great prices, and you get a dollar rental car for less money than you would going through dollar.

Have a great time

Sandra

Manassas
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

I've had good experiences (2x's now) with booking through Hotwire.com They've been given lowest rates of all when out there shopping around for prices.

Good Luck!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

I think we answered your question in a previous thread last week. Have you tried National or Budget? I wouldn't wait until last minute because the availability may be gone.

Manassas
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

oh Mskammie803, forgot to tell you... if you haven't already tried Hotwire.com you accept the rental in the blind, so to speak, although ou do know the price you'll be paying. Once you clink that "submit/accept" button you learn what company your rental will be with. Both times for me have been Budget Car Rental.

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

We rented from Dollar. Get the price on the internet...then CALL the 1-800 number DIRECTLY and speak to an actual person. We saved over $100 for a 2-week rental of a minivan compared to their internet price.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

I agree with speaking directly, to some extent. Most of the time, I book directly through the rental companies' online sites using various discount codes that can be found on various sites online. That's what I do most of the time. However, I too have been able to get better rates than advertised online by calling in and speaking with a rep.

As far as company experience, my reservation this year is with Thrifty. Last year, I used Avis. Had a terrible experience with my pickup at offsite Disney property location.

Mexico City
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

My trip is next june and I have a reservation with Alamo for 2 weeks and 2 days for $240 + taxes + insurance. This quote is for a Standard SUV and it is cheaper than other sites that I looked for an intermediate car.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,908 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

I use Dollar and have gotten great rates and terrific cars. I have found you need to check the website every few days as the rates change frequently. Alamo also has good pricesI've never had a good experience renting through Expedia or Travelocity.

Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to rent CAR?? What sites have you booked with...

YEs they always drop....LIKE, right now I just went to "CHECK" and I just found my minivan price was down to $190.00 including taxes.....I just reserve at the lowest price and then cancel my most recent reservation!

When you are planning on a budget...a $20 difference is HUGE!!!!