We never used priceline, I have a reservation with Dollar for 10 days for $413 for a compact. Looking at other prices, it's not awful, but it's higher than previous years (like everything else!). We're leaving on July 26th, and I thought I'd give Price line a try. I know I have to give myself a little time, because if they don't accept your bid, it's 24 hrs. before you can bid again-so obviously can't be doing this too close to leaving. My question is, how much longer should I give before I try Price line? Should I wait one more week to see if prices come down, and get a "last minute special" I would like to rent with Alamo, but they're over $600 for a compact. Prices haven't budged in awhile, should I bid this weekend? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!