We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is epcot worth a visit

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is epcot worth a visit

I have been to universal with my teen sons and loved it but was told epcot was good and then someone else told me epcot was boring!!! Is it worth a visit or not????

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

I love epcot, great rides for the kids, soaring, fast track, mission space.. Fabulous shops around all the countries..

A great park for all the family, our favourite one.

scotland
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

I am just back from epcot about an hour or so ago. It was my first time and I though it was ok. Not my first choice of parks. I think it is down to personal opinion tho as a load of people on this forum love it!

I went with three kids between 8 and 12. They liked the first part with the rides but were less interested in the world show case.

Hayles

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

Epcot & universal are my favourite parks in all of Orlando, very young children may not enjoy it as much but teenagers will definitely get something out of it.

Edited: 09 July 2011, 23:20
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
193 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

Epcot is brilliant you should give consider visiting, there is lots to keep you entertained. I would recommend you give it a chance. You wont know unless you go!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

Epcot is so vast that we had to split the park to cover in two visits.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

I honestly thought it was boring, very boring. There were two decent rides, Soarin and Test Track, but because there are only two good rides the fast passes are gone very quickly. I got my Soarin fast pass 1/2 hour after park opening and my return time was 12:30! So I took my daughter on the younger kids stuff, she didn't like any of it, she just kept asking if we could leave. I think your teens would be bored if you like coasters and exciting rides. All I know is I never have to budget in a day at Epcot again because I have no desire to return. I suggest you sit down with them and do an online review of each park at the various web sites, so they can see what each park offers.

Have you taken them to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and Islands of Adventure? Those are the parks my 14yo DS loves.

Edited: 10 July 2011, 00:07
Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

We enjoyed epcot very much & so did our kids who were almost 6 & 9+. We wished we were there longer. Definitely well worth a visit.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

I think the best advice given above is to give it a try for one day and see what you and your kids think, as everyone's tastes are different. I like Test Track, Soarin, Figment, Living with the Land, the manatees and other aquatic life in the Living Seas, and visiting the countries (the show at the American Adventure is excellent, and I like the new movie in Canada and the now getting old movie in France).

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

We now find Epcot to be one of our favourites. Soarin, Test Track, and Mission Space of course are the newish and more popular rides where waits can be long depending on the time of year, so plan your fast passes accordingly.

To break up the pavillion area, we always make a dining reservation at one of the sit down restaurants and try to do a different country each time. Otherwise, this area can be kind of a snooze depending on your likes and dislikes.

Truckee, Ca
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is epcot worth a visit

I love epcot - but our family doesn't really view it as an amusement park. It is more of a place to explore, sort of like a giant World's Fair. The world showcase has amazing things hidden in little nooks and crannies all over the place - In the front part of the park, there are always new and interesting things to see in the Innoventions pavilions. For me this park is not about the rides, its about the entertainment, food, festivals, and discovering what's new and interesting.