We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct '11 itinerary - need a lil more help!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Oct '11 itinerary - need a lil more help!

Thanks to some helpful tips on the forums, I have come up with the following plan so far ... let me know if you see anything I should move around, skip or add to what we are doing! We're getting the base ticket plus waterparks.

Day 1: arrive at 7:30 pm, not planning anything for this night. Just check-in and if time maybe take a dip in the pool

Day2-Friday: ADR @Chef Mickeys10:30am, then Magic Kingdom for the day. Dowtown disney at night maybe.

Day 3-Saturday: ADR@Tusker House 8:35am, then spend day at Animal Kingdom. Leave by 4:30 to go back and change for ADR @ Hoop Dee Doo Review 7:15pm

Day 4-Sunday: 10-2 Typhoon Lagoon, break for a couple hours then MK for the evening & extended hours. ADR@Liberty Tree Tavern 5:40pm. Light parade & fireworks.

Day 5-Monday: 10-1 Blizzard Beach then head over to Hollywood Studios for the afternoon & extended hours.

Day 6-Tuesday: Epcot for the day. ADR @Akershus Princess Breakfast 10:45am and Biergarten at 7pm, stay for fireworks

Day 7-Wednesday: ADR @Ohana 8:50am, then??? I was thinking MK again but I guess I could wait and see what my son really wants to see again before we leave. 8pm flight home!

A few questions ...

-Can you leave a park for a break and re-enter the same park later?

-Thinking about adding Halloween Party at MK one night, is it worth it?

-ADR suggestions for Blizzard beach/Hollywood Studios Day. Maybe something in between them for lunch.

-Any really good counter service suggestions at any of the parks?

-One night dinner in downtown Disney, any suggestions?

- Not sure if I want to skip Liberty Tree and do either Cape May Cafe or Crystal Palace?

Waiting for the Oct Disney hotel deals, would like to do a moderate hotel-no idea which one though? ... if there is not a good deal, prob the Pop Century Resort.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions ...very much appreciated :)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct '11 itinerary - need a lil more help!

Here are some thoughts/questions:

1. Unless you are an early riser who can get to the parks when they open, you should avoid parks with morning extra magic hours (I am assuming that you will stay at a Disney hotel, as that is your current inclination). I don't know when you are arriving, so I can't tell if you will hit any parks with morning EMH.

2. You can leave a park and come back later in the same day to the same park and not pay more. If you go to a different park, even if it is just for a meal, you will need a hopper pass which costs more.

3. The Halloween party at MK is worth seeing at least once, but it has been getting quite expenisve.

4. I can't give agood counter service recommendation at DHS, although I didn't think Backlot Express was too bad. At MK, I like Columbia Harbour House, at Epcot, I like Sunshine Seasons (and I think the Electric Umbrella is okay too), and at AK I like Pizzafari.

5. You don't say how many are in your party and their ages. If you have kids with you, at Downtwon Disney they might like T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe. This was the subject of another thread, and I did point out that there are a couple of Rainforest Cafes in New England, so you could check them out there too. There is no T-Rex in New England, and it is not on the Disney Dining Plan (you don't indicate whether you are interested in getting that), but some purists on this site will try to discourage you from going there because it is not a Disney restaurant.

6. If you don't mind a sit-down lunch at DHS, you could try Mama Melrose. That is where my wife and I always have lunch not when we are at DHS, as the food is good and the place is relatively quiet.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oct '11 itinerary - need a lil more help!

Okay, I just remembered your prior post and went back and found you are going with your son who is 8. I then think T-Rex might be a good place to check out at Downtwon Disney. You can see more here:

http://www.trexcafe.com/

Even if you don't eat there, you can shop at the Build-a-Dino gift shop that is located there.

Also, I like the Liberty Tree Tavern, but I also like the Crytal Palace. I guess I would not try to switch unless your sone really likes one or more of the Winnie the Pooh characters who are at the Crystal Palace.

Boston
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oct '11 itinerary - need a lil more help!

Thanks! We are avoiding all the early magic hour parks, since we're not early risers and I figured that extra hour would not benefit us as we'd never get there by 8! The only early one we are going to be at is Epcot on Tuesday, unless I move that to another day. I am going to do the dining plan, but still plan to pay for a couple meals so T-rex sounds like something my son would love. He loves rainforest cafe, we have one close by here, so it seems that is a similar type of restaurant with a different theme.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oct '11 itinerary - need a lil more help!

T-Rex to my knowledge is operated by the same people who run the Rainforest Cafe, but it has animatronic dinosaurs rather than animatronic elephants and apes. One word of advice on T-Rex, in case you have missed many recent TA discussions on the topic, is that most people (myself included) don't like the ice cave room there because of the continually changing colored lights. Accordingly, if you go there, I would ask to be placed somewhere other than the ice cave room.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oct '11 itinerary - need a lil more help!

T-Rex is a great choice for an 8 year old child. Maybe you can leave some room for yummy sundaes at Ghiradellis.

As far as counter service, we like Columbia Harbor House- chicken and fish and Pecos Bills- great hamburgers with a fixings station in MK.

In Epcot, I agree with Sunshine Seasons- a food court with lots of good choices. Also lots of the countries also have nice counter type options.

That is a tough call to decide between Liberty Tree Tavern- all you can eat Thanksgiving type dinner or Cape May- a great buffet. As far as Crystal Palace, we like to go there for breakfast- really great.

You are eating at one of my favorite restaurants in Epcot- Biergarten in Germany- not only is the food very good, but the atmosphere is lots of fun.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oct '11 itinerary - need a lil more help!

Here is a good blog about the Columbia Harbour House:

…allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/03/columb…

7. Re: Oct '11 itinerary - need a lil more help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 16:19