We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat for lunch at HS?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat for lunch at HS?

We are spending a full day at HS. Looking for recommendations for a table service meal for lunch that is one credit on the dining plan.

Willing to go out of the park to a resort that is fairly close if we need to.

(Yes there is Fantasmic that night but there are no Fantasmic reservations left for that day at all so my options are not limited)

Thanks

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

Not sure if you have kids, Hollywood and vine with playhouse Disney characters is nice. Kids or not it's a great buffet

pa
Level Contributor
54,209 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

With kids- Hollywood & Vine

Without Kids - Mama Melrose

Or, pop over to the Boardwalk and enjoy the Big River Grille and Brewing Works :)

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

The Boardwalk is a boat ride away from HS right?

pa
Level Contributor
54,209 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

Yes, a Boat ride away, the Boat Dock is located just to the Right of the entrance. You can also Walk, the walking path is also to the far right of the entrance

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,449 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

I have eaten at the 50's Prime Time before and had a really good meal, but that was several years ago (2006) and haven't been back since.

I have also eaten at the Sci Fi, but my meal there wasn't much to write home about. In the future, I'd only get a smaller meal there, like O-rings and milkshake or similar.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

I also vote for Mama Melrose if you have no kids. It is relatively quiet, has good food, and is in the heart of mcuh of DHS so you can pop out of an attraction for lunch, and then go right back to playing after lunch.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

I would go to the Boardwalk. Lots to choose from over there:) ESPN does great nachos, wings etc sit at the bar have a cold beer & relax :) Probably one of the most adult places at Disney, we love it!!!!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,523 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

We really enjoy 50's Prime Time Cafe. Some of our favorite memories come from the banter with our servers, in this unique venue. Love the decor, old TV shows, and the comfort food.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

Another vote for 50's Prime Time Cafe. It has good food that feels like home cooking in a fun atmosphere.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat for lunch at HS?

I'd also go for the Prime Time,unless you want to have a more quiet dining experience. If that's the case,I would try Mama M's.

Of course..I also like H+V for the character meal,with or withut kids,but that's me. It's pretty noisy in there,but if you're in the mood,it's cool.

Have a great time!