We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi or shuttle from airport?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
taxi or shuttle from airport?

From what i read, a taxi and a shuttle bus costs approximately the same from airport to I-drive. So which is better and more economical? There are 2 of us.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

"Better" would probably be a taxi it will take you direct to your hotel, "more economical" a shuttle which could have several stops on the way to your hotel.

england
Level Contributor
928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

holiday-taxis.com £30 return

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

Taxi

pa
Level Contributor
53,806 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

Which Airport ?

Orlando, FL
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

It really depends on what you are wanting in terms of convenience. USLovers hit the nail on the head that a taxi is more direct than a shared ride.

I would point out, however, that you can also consider booking other private rides like an SUV, Van or Limo that is nicer than taking a taxi and you can get a better fixed price than the taxi if you book the round trip at the same time rather than paying for one way.

Mears offers the cheapest shared ride service, but it will take you longer to get from your hotel. You can compare Mears prices to some of the private ride options online at www.orlandohotelshuttles.com, which has prices for about 30 different hotel shuttle companies.

Wales
Level Contributor
381 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

We have booked Mears it only cost us £18 return trip.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

carol is that £18 each? It depends how many in your party if 4 or more it would be more economical to get a taxi, and quicker.

North London
Level Contributor
531 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

If I booked a Mears shuttle, is it likely that drop offs to hotels along Universal Blvd would be before hotels along I Drive? We're staying at the Point Orlando Resort

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

One person I know declares she would rather poke her eye out with a fork than ever take a shared-ride shuttle again. (Sorry for the imagery, but that is exactly what she says!)

I used www.orlandohotelshuttles.com recently and chose the private transportation option over the shared-ride shuttles, which they also offer. I found that having my own private "chauffeur" was actually CHEAPER than a taxi, and the guy met me at baggage claim and carried my luggage - so there was no waiting in a long line at the airport taxi stand.

Wales
Level Contributor
381 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi or shuttle from airport?

Yes it is £18 each return trip. We have taken Mears several times before and found that the most stops we did was 2 before we got to our hotel.