We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

Blackburn
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

hiya, just booked this hotel for the 2nd may 2012 but i've just read you have to pay $10.00 a day parking. Can anyone let me know if this is true, if it is it's a bit much.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

Just spoke to the Doubletree and parking is $10.00 per day currently.

Considering you are coming next year, I would think you should budget a little more than $10, maybe $11 or $12 as prices always go up!!

Blackburn
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

OMG that well expensive, thank you for checking for me but there's no way i'm paying for parking after i've paid all that money to stay there.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

A sign of the times, mishno. But I'm with you on that - they charge enough for the room. By coincidence last night I called a hotel in the Tampa area to ask if they charged their guests for parking - $15 to self park, $20 for valet parking.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

I looked into the Doubletree for my holiday but the extra costs put me off. I ended up booking next door at Hilton Garden Inn with free parking and free wifi.

$10/day parking at hotel plus $14/day parking at the parks is alot of money for just parking over the course of a week or two.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

Most places I stay when I'm in Toronto cost $20-$30 for parking, so $10 isn't bad, imo.

If you want free parking, maybe look into a Disney Resort, depending on what you plan on doing while in Orlando. Free parking at the Resorts and at the Disney Parks.

Otherwise, maybe someone else can give you an idea of other hotels that may have free parking.

Blackburn
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

$10.00 is very expensive. we've been going to florida for our holidays for 13 years and we have never had to pay to park at your own hotel, its a rip off. i didn't know that you had to pay for parking when my hubby booked it last night or else i wouldn't have booked it, i might see if we can change our hotel with the company we have boked with.

Sll see if we can get the hiton garden inn, thanks for letting me know about that one, fingers crossed i can changed.

Blackburn
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

canceled this hotel, i refuse to pay the parking fee.

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

I'm paying a parking fee at the doubletree suites - so I've just reduced my car hire to 7 days and will use the shuttles. Charging for parking at huge resorts is kinda dumb - they'll push a lot of overseas 2 week visitors to choose a Disney hotel or a villa next time - we definitely will.

Wymondham, United...
Level Contributor
405 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

Hi Mish, When we were checking out Hotels for our holiday we noticed a lot of the Hotels now charge for car parking,and some also charge a daily resort fee (??) ~ We opted NOT to have hire car for the very reason of not having to pay out, not only for park parking but also the Hotel charge per day. We are also staying in the Doubletree near Seaworld, and have our Lynx bus passes ready for the off, and this will be first time of not having hire car, so hope we get on ok.

Blackburn
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld

thats seems not right, it seems like they are forcing people not to get car rental because the parking is so expensive. we like having a car over there because we like seeing more of florida.

we have booked at the enclaves now, never stayed there before but at least its free parking.

but to be honest i have never seen any hotels were you have to pay for parking. but if this is the case in the future i will be checking everything very carfully before we book.

its a shame we had to cancel with the doubletree near seaworld, it looks a nice hotel, lindy i hope you have fun :)

when we phoned the company who we have booked with they said alot of people have cancelled because of the parking cost.