We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breakfast in disney

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
butler, nj
Level Contributor
324 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
breakfast in disney

Anybody know of any restaurant in Disney (parks or resorts) that have french toast sticks for breakfast? Mickey waffles and pancakes will not do, my nephew only eats french toast sticks.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: breakfast in disney

I think Kona cafe at the Poly does but have a look on www.allears.net/menus for all the menus at all the Disney eateries

pa
Level Contributor
53,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: breakfast in disney

Where are you staying ?

Will he eat Cereal at least ?

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: breakfast in disney

I have also seen French Toast in the Kona Cafe. I believe it is called Tonga Toast. It looked very nice, last year the table next to us had some and its big and looks great. I believe they also sell French Toast at the Wilderness Lodge.

butler, nj
Level Contributor
324 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: breakfast in disney

We are staying at AKL. I could get him french toast and cut it up if need be. He is a REAL picky eater and his only thing in the morning is milk, water, pop tarts, chocolate chip muffins or french toast sticks. Worse case scenario is I buy pop tarts and pack them in my suitcase for him to have and just order a container of milk. I really wish he would eat more at breakfast because I would love to go to a character breakfast with him!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,037 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: breakfast in disney

I recall french toast at Whispering Canyon Wilderness Lodge as well. Not a character meal though

Doesn't help, but we were to Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast last week and they had an awesome french toast bread pudding casserole. MMMMM

Sounds like Burger King is in your future

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: breakfast in disney

I've never seen french toast sticks at Disney-tonga toast is deep fried french toast stuffed with banana and all the other french toast I'e seen is regular slices of bread. I think Burger King has french toast sticks in some locations and certainly its easy to buy in the store-can you eat breakfast in your hotel and just microwave them?I know there are microwaves in Mara at the AKL . And you know he'll grown out of this food jag,kids always do(I know,one of mine would only eat canned chicken soup for lunch for years and then turned against it and we wound up with giving a case of it to the local food pantry)

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: breakfast in disney

Explain how much the trip is costing, and that the French toast strips will put you behind schedule.

pa
Level Contributor
53,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: breakfast in disney

You could just have Breakfast every day at the Mian Street Bakery, the have chocolate chip Muffins

I would be taking the opportunity to introduce new and wonderful foods to my Nephew ( I took a picky eating 10 Year Old Nephew once and his is now a heathy and adventurous 15 year old with a love of yummy foods, I like to thank myself for opening that concept to him :)

You can of course go to some fun Breakfasts, he doesn't have to order, he can sit and watch you enjoying yourself :) Just a note, everyone has to pay at a Buffet but not at Table Service Venues, so pick something you want to try, like Kona Cafe, he can have a glass of milk or something

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: breakfast in disney

I agree that this would be an opportunity to teach your nephew to expand his culinary repertoire...you don't mention how old he is..but really it would be best for him to eat something other than the list of breakfast foods you shared..nothing of which is remotely healthy.

That being said..I am fairly sure that there is a counter service place in Animal Kingdom that serves french toast sticks. I was there with a group of people several years ago and I specifically remember one of the little girls eating french toast sticks. Of course...it wasn't a place that the rest of your party would likely enjoy eating breakfast..counter service type place..

Since nutrition is not high on the list with his breakfast..if I were you..I would just stick some Pop tarts in my bag and not make yourself and the rest of your party crazy by searching for French toast sticks..and thereby limiting everyone else's choices.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: breakfast in disney

Main Street Bakery sounds great.