We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

We have booked to stay for 2 weeks at the best western lakeside kissimee

i have read mixed reviews of the hotel, and emailed them 7 times about a simple question on resort fees without a single response - i contacted best western head office customer services to complain

and they claim the lakeside hotel is no longer a best western hotel 28.7.11

it still looks like it on all the forums, and hotel booking websites, but i am concerned i got no response and am thinking of booking another hotel before we arrive in September

has anybody heard anything about this, or recently stayed at the hotel - feedback appreciated

regards

Ken

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

The hotel's listing has been taken off of the Best Western website. From what I understand Best Western has very strict standards that their hotels are expected to meet. Apparently this hotel didn't meet those standards, as the franchise was terminated earlier this week. It's too bad, as this used to be a decent place to stay and operated for many years as a Sheraton.

I would highly recommend the Comfort Suites Maingate East, which is an excellent place to stay. The hotel has a nice outdoor pool and the free breakfast buffet is an added value. The "new" rooms have recently been renovated and are worth the extra money. Most of the staff are helpful and friendly. It is located next to Old Town and Fun Spot USA. The Disney parks are a 10 minute drive from the hotel. The hotel also offers free scheduled transportation to the Disney parks, Sea World, and Universal Studios. Hope this helps.

kissemii
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

Best Western Lakeside was bad news. i had stayed there and was bitten up by bed bugs. Management even denied They had a bud infestation based on so called inspection by housekeeper and a so called bug inspection report from a exterminator company. The report was a total lie!!

The management were either dis-honest or incompetent. Even the emergency rescue ambulance personal confirmed it was bed bug bites.

Stay Far away.

kissemii
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

Best Western Lakeside was bad news. i had stayed there and was bitten up by bed bugs. Management even denied They had a bud infestation based on so called inspection by housekeeper and a so called bug inspection report from a exterminator company. The report was a total lie!!

The management were either dis-honest or incompetent. Even the emergency rescue ambulance personal confirmed it was bed bug bites.

Stay Far away.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

If that's the area you want to stay try the Holiday Inn Maingate East. we have stayed here many times when it was a Travelodge and since it's been a Holiday Inn. I prefer it to a lot of properties as it is a hotel rather than motel and does not have outside corridors. It is right opposite Old Town so great if you want to pop accross the road to see the car criuse.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

A second vote for Comfort Suites Maingate East. Was one of our favorites even before the reno. Unfortunately outgrew the space as our 4 boys started to grow and desire more privacy. It's a lovely hotel in a lively area, but far enough off the road to allow for peace and quiet.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

By the way, if you are more concerned with staying with the brand as opposed to an area...you could try Best Western Lake Buena Vista on Hotel Plaza Blvd. in Downtown Disney area.

texas
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

Since this post was done in July and he was going in September, I think the advice is a little late. Hopefully he will come back and tell us where he stayed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

Duh...guess we all missed that. :-))

9. Re: Best Western Lakeside Kissimee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 21:15