We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disneys magic express

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
disneys magic express

hello,

this is the first time we will be useing the disney magic express.

what i need to know is how soon do you get your bags when you check them all the way to the resort with out picking them up at bagage claim.we are going to ohana for dinner at 5 and i want to change before we go..

thank you... ;0)

pa
Level Contributor
54,323 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: disneys magic express

It Could take a few hours. What time does your flight get in ?

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disneys magic express

wow partypa,

we get to orlando at 9:45am...i did not know that lol!

pa
Level Contributor
54,323 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: disneys magic express

Your luggage doesn't travel on the same bus as you. Keep in mind form the time you land til the time you take the tram, get to the Magical Express and then get on your Bus and finally get to your Resort it could be over an hour. Then you need to check in, your room may not be ready at that time of the day but you can get your Key to the World Card and go have some fun. We most often pack our swimsuits in our carry on bags and go splash around til our room is ready. Anyway, even if your luggage arrived at the same time as you, or you went and claimed it yourself and took it on the Magical Express with you, you'd have to have it stored til your room was ready.

More Info

http://allears.net/acc/mexpress.htm

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disneys magic express

well to you just pick up your bags orlet disney do it for you?

pa
Level Contributor
54,323 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: disneys magic express

If our flight gets in before 2pm, we let Disney handle it. If later, we get them ourselves because it is more likely we will get in to our room by then and we will want to be going out and about.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disneys magic express

We always pick them up ourselves I just feel better knowing they made the flight they're not lost somewhere and don't want to risk them being lost with Disney I'm sure they do a great job but I feel safer having it all with me

pa
Level Contributor
54,323 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: disneys magic express

We have never had anything go missing. Disney does do a great job, IMHO. It's nice to just head to the bus without wasting time at baggage claim, I do try to book early flights whenever possible for that very reason but circumstances sometimes doesnt permit that for us, always feels we have wasted a whole day when getting in late in the afternoon or evening :(

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: disneys magic express

The other reason we pick it up is because were Canadian so we have to pick our luggage up to clear customs then we can drop it at ME or bring it on the bus since we already have it we just bring it with us

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: disneys magic express

It may take a little more time, however enjoy your great stay and this is a great service!

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: disneys magic express

We let them take care of our bags last time. It was easy and convenient, but we made sure we had a change of clothes and whatever we would want upon arrival in our carry-on bags. It took a couple of ours for our bags to be delivered, but knowing this ahead of time we came prepared.