We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World short notice, September

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Disney World short notice, September

Hi,

I am looking to book a trip for myself and my fiancee to Disney World on September 9th from Ireland for around 10-12 days. I can get a flight and hopefully a hotel! But I've read some things about booking dining early?? I'm not sure if this is mainly for peak season or not but is it something that will cause problems for our trip?? Am I wrong in thinking I can still book this late?! I tried small world vacations (I think) and they required a 45 day advance notice for international customers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

PS : is there much in the way of nightlife there like some bars etc? I've read loads but still confused, so much info!!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney World short notice, September

Go to DisneyWorld websit and try to make dining reservations for your dates and see what comes up. I'm sure some of the most popular places will be full, but I'm sure something will come up as open.

Also, are you staying at WDW or off-site? If off site it won't be an issue there.

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney World short notice, September

Thanks. I'm undecided on what resort to book :( would like onsite for handiness and being close to things. Any recommendations?

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney World short notice, September

hello,

if you want to stay at a disney resort you can get free dinning during sept.as for a resort i would say the popcentury resortfor a value or the port orleans river side resort for a mid range and for a delux i would say the contemporary resort.there are a lot to choose from at disney just go to disneyworld.com for the free dinning look for special offers at the bottum of the web page and you will find everything you need.best luck!

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney World short notice, September

There is so much to think about for this! :(

Is it better to booking the dining? Anywhere we could buy some food for the odd evening in the hotel?

When we're over we want to take Universal Studios, Sea World, Disney World and possibly Kennedy Space Center too. Are we better to buy these from the official sites or are there any other sites that are cheaper and legit, I've seen a few but dont know whether to trust them.

So far things on my list to book are :

Flight from Dublin to Orlando

Hotel/Resort

Dining

Tickets for parks/activities mentioned above.

Anything else I should be looking at?

Thank you very much for the reply!

Chris

PS - Only free dining I see was for 2012 :(

Edited: 04 August 2011, 09:42
Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney World short notice, September

Also any opinions on the Swan and Dolphin hotels?

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney World short notice, September

I've seen decent deal for the Swan hotel and flights arent too bad. Should I just go ahead and book these while I can or should I hold out for package deals etc. Normal holidays are so much easier! :P

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney World short notice, September

It was announced yesterday, you may need to call to get the pricing for the free dining. Not sure if it is different outside of US.

Do you think you will be within the Disney parks/hotels more than 50% of the time? If not, might make sense to stay off site.

Will you have a car? That will make it easier if you stay off site, otherwise you might want to stay on Disney.

There are lots of decisions to make! Good luck! :)

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney World short notice, September

Well I think we plan to stay on the site for the most of our vacation. Only time we will be going else where is Universal/Sea World/Kennedy Space Center. (Maybe first 2 of those are considered on resort?)

I think with the Swan hotel they still offer free transport. I might ring about the dining but its a case of paying full price for the resort and free dining or getting the Swan at 40% off and paying for our own food. Is it alot more difficult eating out without the dining plan? Can we still make reservations without it, or de we need to make reservations, or can we just turn up some places?

Thanks again for the reply :)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney World short notice, September

Yes it may be cheaper to take the room discount and pay for food. You can still make reservations w/o the dining plan. Also, keep in mind you will be paying for your own food at Universal, SeaWorld, etc. So that may. Be the way to go.

Also, I'm pretty sure Swan/Dolphin have a daily resort fee, be sure to confirm that and factor it in.

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney World short notice, September

Will look into that. Thanks so much for all the information! Pretty much sorts everything for me to book this evening :)

My fiancee still thinks we're going on some normal beach holiday in Europe, I think she'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Thanks again!

Chris